Graphic card choices for prebuild but no idea which connector type for mobo

Go to solution Solved by RevenJaeger,

Usually 550 watt PSUs will have two six pin power cables for the GPU, new ones will sometimes have 4 by twos, or a 6 plus 2 pin that can snap together for more customization. But the general rule that I have found is, as long as you aren't going for a hard core overclocked model of a GPU with like 3 8 pin connectors, most PSUs over 550 will have the connectors you need. With some rare exceptions, like really suspect non 80 plus rated units.

Budget (including currency): $250.00

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Dishonored 2, Skyrim, Streaming

Other details (*Intel Core i7 4790K, *AMD RX 470, 128Gb SSD, WD Blue HDD, 4GB X 4 DDR3 RAM (16GB), Dell Optiplec 9020 (0N4YC8 Motherboard))

Motherboard Pic

The items with asterisks are the ones I'm adding to the system. I actually have a few GPU choices from UserBenchmark. The rx 470, rx 580, r9 380x, GTX 1650 and GTX 1650X, GTX 970, and finally the GTX 980. Are these compatible with the motherboard first of all? - and second..

the real issue - I'm having trouble identifying what power connector I should be looking for on the new GPU. Can anyone tell from the pic above? Here's another pic:

Interior Case Pic

Ask me anything.

Well, the slots on the mobo are PCIe, so any modern video card will fit.

However, the real issue is the power supply and what connectors it has available.

Some cards take 6pin, others 8pin, and still others a combination of the two *dual 6, dual 8, 6 and 8, etc)

I see the mob is a dell, is the rest of the PC a dell as well?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

59 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Well, the slots on the mobo are PCIe, so any modern video card will fit.

However, the real issue is the power supply and what connectors it has available.

Some cards take 6pin, others 8pin, and still others a combination of the two *dual 6, dual 8, 6 and 8, etc)

I see the mob is a dell, is the rest of the PC a dell as well?

The rest of the PC is a Perpiphio Blue. I bought it refurbished. The PSU is located underneath the motherboard in a caddy with the HDD. Does that mean I have to fish the PUS out from the other side panel and check what connecters are available? Also, how do I know if the GPU I buy has the same pin orientation? Are those usually standard? I haven't done this a whole lot, so your help is appreciated.

Other Side Panel

Chassis:

As you can see, the chassis is a Periphio, but the guts are Dell.

Usually 550 watt PSUs will have two six pin power cables for the GPU, new ones will sometimes have 4 by twos, or a 6 plus 2 pin that can snap together for more customization. But the general rule that I have found is, as long as you aren't going for a hard core overclocked model of a GPU with like 3 8 pin connectors, most PSUs over 550 will have the connectors you need. With some rare exceptions, like really suspect non 80 plus rated units.

31 minutes ago, Enteroblex said:

Are those usually standard?

They are, and good power supplies will label their power cables where they go. 

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

5 minutes ago, RevenJaeger said:

Just looked this PSU up on Amazon. Here's a blurb about "pins"?

"Designed to suit a wide variety of builds the GP has Longer 20 + 4 and 4 + 4 pins up to 550mm is easy for high-end tower chassis installation."

Is this what I'm looking for?

4 minutes ago, Enteroblex said:

Just looked this PSU up on Amazon. Here's a blurb about "pins"?

"Designed to suit a wide variety of builds the GP has Longer 20 + 4 and 4 + 4 pins up to 550mm is easy for high-end tower chassis installation."

Is this what I'm looking for?

Or THIS ?