Instagram account blocked but there is no way to change the password, what to do?

hirushaadi

image.thumb.png.71d9fd96dac83d1497c935819f1131cb.png

I have signed in to my instagram account using facebook.. i have been following many people who i don't know, so i started unfollowing them.. then, the same message shown in the above picture popped up, while i was doing it in my phone.. as i have logged in via facebook, i have nothing to do

i tried entering the password of the facebook account ( from which this instagram account was created ), it said that is a wrong password.. what can i do? 

any help is appreciated!

hey! i know to use a computer

Where does the "change password" button lead you to?

And if I understand correctly you are still logged in to your Facebook account?

My first step would be to change that password and then try to log into Instagram with it.

Just to make a thousand percent sure the password is correct.

Building and repairing PC's for many years / Previous head of Apple Repair Center Team NL /

Audio Engineer / Daily Driving Linux since my parents basement

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professional Purposes and on the go: MacBook Pro Retina 15" / Apple Mac Mini 2019 (i7)
Flight Simulation / Gaming / Daily: Self built [AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 32GB DDR4 3200 / GTX 1660 OC / Windows 10 Pro / Fedora KDE (dual boot)

Plex Media Server + Home Assistant: Intel NUC

Data Server: i7 860 / 24GB DDR3 / 10TB / unRAID
Mobile: OnePlus Nord 2 / Lenovo IdeaPad Duet / Apple iPad Air 1

3 minutes ago, Karim Bizid said:

My first step would be to change that password and then try to log into Instagram with it.

Just to make a thousand percent sure the password is correct.

already done... still didn't work...

And what about the password recovery process?

That should still work as long as you have access to the mailbox that is linked to either of the accounts.

Building and repairing PC's for many years / Previous head of Apple Repair Center Team NL /

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professional Purposes and on the go: MacBook Pro Retina 15" / Apple Mac Mini 2019 (i7)
Flight Simulation / Gaming / Daily: Self built [AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 32GB DDR4 3200 / GTX 1660 OC / Windows 10 Pro / Fedora KDE (dual boot)

Just now, Karim Bizid said:

password recovery process?

FAILED!

But in which state does it fail?

This is actually quite important to figure out because it could mean that someone may have altered the mailadress of the account

which makes it a hack.

Do you receive an email with a password recovery link and does it fail after you follow it?
Or don't you receive an email at all?

8 hours ago, Karim Bizid said:

Do you receive an email with a password recovery link and does it fail after you follow it?

yes i do

8 hours ago, Karim Bizid said:

But in which state does it fail?

it says the current password is wrong when i literally copy pastes it from my pwd manager ( after changing it once )

But with a password recovery method via email it doesn't ask you for the old password.

Are you sure you are on Facebook official links and not following a strange spam site or anything?

3 hours ago, Karim Bizid said:

But with a password recovery method via email it doesn't ask you for the old password.

Are you sure you are on Facebook official links and not following a strange spam site or anything?

yes, i'm 100% sure.. 

the thing is that i have logged in via facebook, so, they didn't ask for any password.. and now, they tell me to enter the old password.. i tried the fb password, didn't work.. changed and tried it again, still no, clicked on forgot password, and followed the steps, still it won't work

The only thing that I can think of is that Instagram indeed blocked your account as the warned to do in the picture you posted and the only solution is

to contact them.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/16/2021 at 9:09 PM, Karim Bizid said:

contact them.

how to do it?