PSU help

MIDAROU
Go to solution Solved by Pixelfie,

This PSU isn't powerful enough for a 1660S. I'd say you should get atleast 500w. While the random brand isn't the problem, I still recommend going for better brands. If you cheap out on the PSU weird stuff can happen like random reboots & shutdowns. They will also die earlier than quality PSU's. Worst case, they will start smoking and kill all of your parts. Definitly go for something better like Corsair, EVGA or Be Quiet! (I recommend 80+ gold, but bronze should do the trick).

So my build is underperforming so much compared to others on the internet I have posted a thread before this and they suggested it may be the PSU.
look below and you will see what I mean I show two pictures one is GTA V at max settings and one is GTA V at lowest settings compared to other builds that are getting 80+ fps on max you can see the difference yourself and another thing I noticed is the fps jump from max settings to lowest is very low
give me your suggestions on what it could be

UserBenchmarkTest : https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/42981632
Specs :
MOTHERBOARD- prime h310m-k r2.0
CPU - Intel Core i3-9100F
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 Super
RAM - Crucial CT8G4DFS8266.M8FD 1x8GB DDR4
SSD - Team T253X2256G 256GB
HDD - Samsung HD502HI 500GB
PSU - SOME BRAND CALLED TITAN ITS 430W

GTA 5 ULTRA SETTINGS :

https://imgur.com/a/dXrz23Z

GTA 5 LOWEST SETTINGS :

https://imgur.com/a/DxaMTMW

PSU:
https://imgur.com/a/jpkJMyl

Edited by GDRRiley
merged threads

This PSU isn't powerful enough for a 1660S. I'd say you should get atleast 500w. While the random brand isn't the problem, I still recommend going for better brands. If you cheap out on the PSU weird stuff can happen like random reboots & shutdowns. They will also die earlier than quality PSU's. Worst case, they will start smoking and kill all of your parts. Definitly go for something better like Corsair, EVGA or Be Quiet! (I recommend 80+ gold, but bronze should do the trick).

Yes it can and all PSU using one that has an 80+, bronze, silver, gold, titanium, or platinum are always better then none.

I've been using a EVGA G3 1000w 80+ gold since June 2017 went I built my system and no issues. There is plenty of brands however with good quality. 650w should be perfectly fine. Gets the most "watts" you can within budget so that way if you actually needed more power you have it in the future if you upgrade your system and hardware so save you money there.

First watercooled System

Build Name: Frost

Monitor: Alienware AW3423DWF 1800R Curved Ultrawide 3440x1440 QD-OLED 157hz 10 bit 0.1ms

Chassis: Lian Li 011 Dynamic EVO w/ 2x120mm Corsair QL RGB Fans on the bottom 1x120mm on back exhaust

Top Rad & Fans:  Corsair 54mm 360mm w/ 3x120mm Corsair ML Pro RGB Fans

Side Rad & Fans: Corsair 30mm 360mm w/ 3x120mm Corsair QL RGB Fans

Motherboard: Asrock X670E Steel Legend

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D w/ Corsair XC7 RGB Pro w/ Kyrosheet

Memory/RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB DDR5 2x16GB 32GB 6000Mhz

GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 4080 TUF w/ EK-Quantum Vector2 Nickel/Plexi & Backplate

Pump/Reservoir: Corsair XD5 RGB

Coolant: EK Mystic Fog

PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000w G3 w/ custom modmesh black & white cables from cablemod

Boot/OS SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB NVMe

WZ/2042 SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Game SSD: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB

Performance/Editing HDD: Western Digital Black 1TB

Storage HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB

Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition/Razer Mamba

Mouse Mat: Corsair MM700 RGB

Keyboard: Razer Ornata Chroma

Microphone: HyperX Quadcast

Headset: Razer Blackshark v2 Pro

Eyewear/Glasses: Gunnar Optiks Razer FPS

Camera: Razer Kiyo Pro

6 minutes ago, ChaoticChaosx said:

Yes it can and all PSU using one that has an 80+, bronze, silver, gold, titanium, or platinum are always better then none.

Those are just efficiency levels.  Not levels of quality.

4 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Those are just efficiency levels.  Not levels of quality.

Yes, I know, didn't say they were quality in that sentence. Meaning as in his currently doesn't have any.

First watercooled System

Build Name: Frost

Monitor: Alienware AW3423DWF 1800R Curved Ultrawide 3440x1440 QD-OLED 157hz 10 bit 0.1ms

Chassis: Lian Li 011 Dynamic EVO w/ 2x120mm Corsair QL RGB Fans on the bottom 1x120mm on back exhaust

Top Rad & Fans:  Corsair 54mm 360mm w/ 3x120mm Corsair ML Pro RGB Fans

Side Rad & Fans: Corsair 30mm 360mm w/ 3x120mm Corsair QL RGB Fans

Motherboard: Asrock X670E Steel Legend

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D w/ Corsair XC7 RGB Pro w/ Kyrosheet

Memory/RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB DDR5 2x16GB 32GB 6000Mhz

GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 4080 TUF w/ EK-Quantum Vector2 Nickel/Plexi & Backplate

Pump/Reservoir: Corsair XD5 RGB

Coolant: EK Mystic Fog

PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000w G3 w/ custom modmesh black & white cables from cablemod

Boot/OS SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB NVMe

WZ/2042 SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Game SSD: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB

Performance/Editing HDD: Western Digital Black 1TB

Storage HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB

Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition/Razer Mamba

Mouse Mat: Corsair MM700 RGB

Keyboard: Razer Ornata Chroma

Microphone: HyperX Quadcast

Headset: Razer Blackshark v2 Pro

Eyewear/Glasses: Gunnar Optiks Razer FPS

Camera: Razer Kiyo Pro

21 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

This PSU isn't powerful enough for a 1660S. I'd say you should get atleast 500w.

Nope. Any quality 450w PSU would be plenty power for that system.

30 minutes ago, MIDAROU said:

So I posted a forum before this about system underperforming but after some guy told me it was my PSU

A bad PSU will not make your system throttle. It might turn off, make crazy noises, burn your house down, but it won't make your system underperform.
Still, you need to get a better PSU for your system.
Where are you buying from?

9 minutes ago, ChaoticChaosx said:

Yes, I know, didn't say they were quality in that sentence. Meaning as in his currently doesn't have any.

Well... Might say that I'd rather have no efficiency certification than a fake one.  LOL!  😄 There's >> A LOT << of those out there.

PSU only delivers power at what it's rated for, so the only thing that it can struggle with is too power hungry components or being a bad PSU.

Motherboard is what delivers the power further and has it's own rated limit, some motherboards can do worse than others.

Also have you seen what ever temperatures you get? if you haven't, that can something that could cause it too.

Else at max, there might be 150W for each one, so 300 + the other smaller stuff that adds up? Although you are not going to push every compontent to the max, so it will be less.

Use something like CPU-Z, MSI afterburner (ONLY afterburner from MSI or I think guru3D?) as there has been some malware pages trying to fool people in certain countries.

the temps are normal gpu is 60 -70 and cpu aswell i don't think that is the problem look at the 12v of the psu you see that it only gives 264 can that support the gpu and cpu and if no can it cause performance issues 

10 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

PSU only delivers power at what it's rated for, so the only thing that it can struggle with is too power hungry components or being a bad PSU.

Motherboard is what delivers the power further and has it's own rated limit, some motherboards can do worse than others.

Also have you seen what ever temperatures you get? if you haven't, that can something that could cause it too.

Else at max, there might be 150W for each one, so 300 + the other smaller stuff that adds up? Although you are not going to push every compontent to the max, so it will be less.

Use something like CPU-Z, MSI afterburner (ONLY afterburner from MSI or I think guru3D?) as there has been some malware pages trying to fool people in certain countries.

the temps are normal gpu is 60 -70 and cpu aswell i don't think that is the problem look at the 12v of the psu you see that it only gives 264 can that support the gpu and cpu and if no can it cause performance issues 

36 minutes ago, MIDAROU said:

RAM - Crucial CT8G4DFS8266.M8FD 1x8GB DDR4

oh...

you are running singel channel RAM?

oof, at least add another stick of the same type to get more. Most systems would want to run in DUAL channel, as in 2 sticks per channel (2 channels on these MB, I believe can also run with 4 sticks too, 2 is common) on the motherboard. Not sure what speed those are, could look it up. As running with only one, can hinder decent amount of performance.

==merged threads==
do not create a new thread with the same issue

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs