Intel i9 10850K temp

Hi, i just changed from a i5 10600K, to a i9 10850K, its going 22C more on the cpu temp, is that normal? I5 was set to 48 ratio, did the same to the i9, do i have to set it to 4.6? Is it because more cores? Doing 75c with i9 in warzone and coldwar, i5 did 54C, and 68c on timespy max, i9 does 89c max in time spy, i have only ASUS ROG Strix B560-I GAMING WIFI right now, mini itx, with radiator corsair 240mm, even had to set my gpu fans to 1600rpm to keep it cool enough, cpu was blowing its heat up too, and cool enough means 63C, or else it does over 70c.

is there anything i can do with the bios on b560, to make the cpu drop some heat? Already tried set the voltage, and ofcorse it wont listen to me... Tried offset - too, then the pc wont boot past the bios, its going up to 1.380 

8 minutes ago, KevenX99 said:

Is it because more cores?

Yeah, quite obvious, and another being the fact that Intel never listed their boost TDP, and 10850K actually eats more power than 10600, by a lot.

power-stress.png

15 minutes ago, KevenX99 said:

even had to set my gpu fans to 1600rpm to keep it cool enough, cpu was blowing its heat up too, and cool enough means 63C, or else it does over 70c

thats perfectly reasonable for a stock GPU in my opinion. More worried about the CPU temps, try to downvolt it.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

1 hour ago, SorryClaire said:

Yeah, quite obvious, and another being the fact that Intel never listed their boost TDP, and 10850K actually eats more power than 10600, by a lot.

power-stress.png

thats perfectly reasonable for a stock GPU in my opinion. More worried about the CPU temps, try to downvolt it.

Ok, so now i did set it to -0.100 in offset, bios, runs 4.8, 68C on xtu benchmark now, cold war at 52-59c, big difference to be honest, hope it lasts now

11 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

power-stress.png

After an hour gaming, it went 65, ish, it was stable at 65c at least, its a H210 case, i dont know what to expect, tried 4.7ghz and 4.9ghz, wasnt any big of a difference, is it healthy? It havent been at 70C yet, idle temp after gaming is 38-42c, after a little while, cpu fan mode is turbo, set gpu fans to 1300rpm ( cutting of zero fan mode), its not easy to make this case build good in temps after changed from i5 10600K, gpu is a 6700xt sapphire nitro, i guess the Z series of motherboard would make it better, b560 is crap, you cant changed settings in bios for undervolting, but do it want to listen to you (Nope, not always), i did get the ram sticks o.c from 2666 to 3200, thats just amazing, too bad itx motherboards is expensive here in Norway, i paid same price for my b560 strix( itx) , as i did for my z490 msi A-pro (not itx), the z490 did even drop more in the price now, i can buy 2 atx z490, for same price for 1 itx, and iknow radiator may not be the way in a itx build, i can fit a coin between the rad tubes and the gpu, its so close, and i have atx powersupply too, i tried change volt to 1.250, but still nothing difference, then tried the offset mode -0.100, around a 5c difference, it have 33-40% util, while gaming, still hits 65c, after  a while gaming, at once i hit the windows button that makes me go to desktop, but does not turn off the game, it dropping to 55c, and straight to 65c when going into the game window again, is it suppose to be like that? I may ask dumb question, but i had no problem even when o.c the 10600K, the 10850K came with trouble, i do understand more cores, but still?

1 hour ago, KevenX99 said:

After an hour gaming, it went 65, ish, it was stable at 65c at least, its a H210 case, i dont know what to expect, tried 4.7ghz and 4.9ghz, wasnt any big of a difference, is it healthy?

Very. For me i put the threshold for "hot CPU" to be at about 85°C.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.