Gigabyte b550 aorus pro v2 seems to make problems

Hi Guys,

Some Months ago i built my new pc.

Ryzen 5 5600x

Gigabyte b550 aorus pro v2

RTX 3060TI

32GB 3600 DDR 4

so the problem which i realised after about 1 month is that the usb ports and connection was kinda weird and sometimes stopped. Thats something which has been talked about alot in recent months about this motherboard so i flashed the bios to the current F13h. Less problems, but sometimes i feel like there are still some problems with the usb connection. But maybe its just my paranoia.

But a major thing i noticed with this pc, is that i get sound crackling when multiple sounds are playing or sound starts or stops fast.

A good test for that would be, going into teamspeak 3, and spamming the mute/unmute button, normally the sound would not get distorted and start to pop/crackle. On this pc it does. And the only thing i can imagine doing this, would be the motherboard usb connectors.

I use a Behringer U-Phoria UMC202HD as an audio interface with an T.Bone SC450 mic and Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones.

I figure its a problem with the behringer and drivers or the usb ports on this pc.

The sound popping / crackling really only occurs when sounds start or stop abruptly, or if different people talk (like on MS Teams).

It's not the most annoying problem because in videos or games i barely notice anything like that, maybe i just imagine it in those.

So today im going to test the sound configuration like it is on another pc, and if there arent any of the mentioned problems i probably am going to swap out my motherboard.

So in this case i would be interested what a good motherboard for my current configuartion would be instead of the gigabyte one. I would like a good amount of usb ports and if possible a good onboard sound solution.

Damn Gigabyte aren't a Bad Motherboard Brand, But idk why i heard lot of Complain about them (cmiiw)

I would recommended a board like ASUS ROG B550-F or MSI B550 Tomahawk. Both of them are really good in term of Feature

But you can Minimizing some cost by just Buying a Pretty Good Soundcard. That's what i know.

Good luck

Hello there... I'm both speedrunner and tech nerd. But not professional...

steam pcpartpicker.com speedrun.com

Actually, that popping sound CAN be your CPU. I had very similiar issues with my system when I was overclocking and it turned out to be VDDG and VDDP voltages. Others also reported the same thing.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, Levent said:

Actually, that popping sound CAN be your CPU. I had very similiar issues with my system when I was overclocking and it turned out to be VDDG and VDDP voltages. Others also reported the same thing.

I didnt change anything with the clock speed or voltage on that board or cpu.

Can there still be problems with that?

Just now, Zerebratox said:

Mine continued to do that after I had to clear CMOS due to overclock failure. Give it a try and see if it helps. Try setting your VDDG to 0.975v to start with and see if it makes it better or worse.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, Levent said:

Mine continued to do that after I had to clear CMOS due to overclock failure. Give it a try and see if it helps. Try setting your VDDG to 0.975v to start with and see if it makes it better or worse.

The only thing i see in the reddit thread is that there are constant sound cracking problems. But i only have them in certain scenarios. Could that still be the cpu? It doesnt change from 100% load to idle

3 minutes ago, Zerebratox said:

Maybe clear the CMOS Then?, Reset the BIOS, Don't blame the Motherboard first. 

(Pro Tips: in PC Troubleshooting Don't blame the most Expensive one First, Also It might be simple as user fault)

Good luck m8 

Hello there... I'm both speedrunner and tech nerd. But not professional...

steam pcpartpicker.com speedrun.com

I'd reinstall/update your chipset and audio drivers as well to cover the bases, especially if 20H2 has recently been installed.

30 minutes ago, Levent said:

Well changing that value didnt do the computer any good, now i am force to Do a cmos reset xD

Maybe that fixes it though

Seems like the cmos reset didnt do anything about the little cracks.
Changing the volt on the settings didnt do any good (went and made VDDG and VDDP to 1, because i couldnt set them to anything lower than 1 or 0, i can only increment by 1 as it seems in the bios)

46 minutes ago, Zerebratox said:

Seems like the cmos reset didnt do anything about the little cracks.
Changing the volt on the settings didnt do any good (went and made VDDG and VDDP to 1, because i couldnt set them to anything lower than 1 or 0, i can only increment by 1 as it seems in the bios)

No, you can set it lower than 1. You probably didnt realise but default BIOS keyboard layout is US so period key probably doesnt match your keyboard layout. 1v is waaay higher than it needs to be unless you are trying to overclock your IF. 0.90-0.95v is stock and VDDG and VDDP is very voltage sensitive. Either way try the suggestions above and see if any of those make any difference.

On 5/15/2021 at 1:34 PM, Levent said:

No, you can set it lower than 1. You probably didnt realise but default BIOS keyboard layout is US so period key probably doesnt match your keyboard layout. 1v is waaay higher than it needs to be unless you are trying to overclock your IF. 0.90-0.95v is stock and VDDG and VDDP is very voltage sensitive. Either way try the suggestions above and see if any of those make any difference.

Which one of These setting should i change?

I can change the upper vddp to values like -0.1, - 0.2 etc. And the lower 2 i can change to manual and Insert a value.

I also just got an fiio e10k olympus 2 to check if it is my behringer interface which creates the problems, but as the same problems occur with both and on windows / Arch Linux. I can probably rule out audio interface / driver / operating system as the error source. Probably need to test with other headphones if they are the problem but if not i can just guess it has to be something with the hardware in the pc.

IMG_20210517_132838.jpg

3 hours ago, Zerebratox said:

@Levent

I also found those options but Not Sure what to Do with them

IMG_20210517_205723.jpg

Try setting vddp and VDDG to 0.9v there. If that doesn't work I'm not sure if I can help you.

I have the exact same audio issue (with a hyper x cloud 2, same issue with the jack of the back/front panel and the usb soundcard 7.1, same issue if i disable onboard soundcard and use a external 10 euros usb soundcard).

However, i haven't any usb issue for the moment (all my device are connected on USB 3 port).

My build :

- B550 Aorus Pro V2

- R5 5600x

- 32gb Hyperx fury 3200 mhz CL16

- RTX 3070 FE

- Seasonic 850w platinum

Haven't found a fix yet (pcie gen 3, disable XMP, last bios F13h, ...). I have read a lot of reddit post who talk about the need to change the voltage like this one :

Unfortunately understand what to do with this kind of reddit post is beyond my capabilities (i haven't try to change the voltage yet because it scarry me as a newbie)

I notice that i have the same issue on 2 others windows PC but really less noticable.

It's driving me crazy.

4 hours ago, Blokeur said:

I have the exact same audio issue (with a hyper x cloud 2, same issue with the jack of the back/front panel and the usb soundcard 7.1, same issue if i disable onboard soundcard and use a external 10 euros usb soundcard).

However, i haven't any usb issue for the moment (all my device are connected on USB 3 port).

My build :

- B550 Aorus Pro V2

- R5 5600x

- 32gb Hyperx fury 3200 mhz CL16

- RTX 3070 FE

- Seasonic 850w platinum

Haven't found a fix yet (pcie gen 3, disable XMP, last bios F13h, ...). I have read a lot of reddit post who talk about the need to change the voltage like this one :

Unfortunately understand what to do with this kind of reddit post is beyond my capabilities (i haven't try to change the voltage yet because it scarry me as a newbie)

I notice that i have the same issue on 2 others windows PC but really less noticable.

It's driving me crazy.

At this point i am really confused about audio issues in computers.

The problem that i see is that its really hard to determine audio problems in computers.

I have the problem on a different pc, i have the problem on windows & linux.

I have the problem with a different headset/headphones.

So i am really not sure anymore what is the reason for audio popping & crackling.

The most obvious reason for me would be its a windows issue and linux just has a different audio problem.

15 minutes ago, Zerebratox said:

At this point i am really confused about audio issues in computers.

The problem that i see is that its really hard to determine audio problems in computers.

I have the problem on a different pc, i have the problem on windows & linux.

I have the problem with a different headset/headphones.

So i am really not sure anymore what is the reason for audio popping & crackling.

The most obvious reason for me would be its a windows issue and linux just has a different audio problem.

Have you already try to change the voltage like Levent said ? 

2 hours ago, Blokeur said:

Have you already try to change the voltage like Levent said ? 

@Levent @Blokeur I did try to set the voltage of VDDP & VDDG to 900, but it didnt seem to change anything for me.

But as i said before. The main point where i here the crackling & popping sounds are in Teamspeak (like spamming mute and unmute) and sometimes when someone starts talking in teamspeak (irrelevant who).

I wouldnt notice anything in games or videos. But as that happens with multiple headphones, on another pc and on a different operating system im not sure anymore if it is because of the motherboard or windows or anything else.

@Blokeur if you have teamspeak and can confirm that you have the same problem as me, when spamming mute or unmute you get sound popping/crackling i could rule some things out i guess.

I will try tomorrow on teamspeak.

For my part, i have the issue with all the sound, windows (when you change manually the volume), when i stop or moove in a video, ... Not sure we have axactly the same issue finally.