Time for a new PC!

After 10 years, it's time for an upgrade.

PLEASE help me out here.

Current setup is an Alienware Aurora R3
Windows 7 Pro 64
Intel i7-2600 liquid cooled
16 GB RAM DDR3
220GB SSD for OS
1TB SATA for everything else

Budget (including currency):

$1500 USD  No GPU needed (will use my current Radeon RX 5700XT)

2. Aim

Best bang for the buck

Silence! 
keep existing DVD writer.
Web browsing, mostly YouTube.
Games I curently play: Diablo 3, DIRT Rally 2.0, Sid Meier's Railoroads!,and Project CARS 2
PLEX server

3. Monitors

Running on 3 27" @ 2560 X 1440
May add a 4th on top in the future

4. Peripherals

no peripherals needed. Already have speakers, Mouse, and KB
May keep my sound card depending on if the mobo's is better than a SB X-Fi

5. Why are you upgrading?

This pc has been running NONSTOP for almost 10 years now.
I upgraded the video card a year and a half ago.
Main problem is the fans screaming at me when its under load.  Usually when PLEX is running.  
Recording Live TV bogs it down.
Power button is broken also,  I can't turn the system off without praying for 30 minutes that I can get lucky and the button will work "one more time"
Can't even get into the BIOS since I cant see the monitors through HDMI or display port.

As for the DVD drive, this is a must. I'm in the process of converting all my audio cds (over 10 thousand) into FLAC.  plus it's always handy to have some kind of optical drive. (I'm old school)  I realize this limits the type of case I can go with.  I would also like to keep the built-in media card reader if possible, although I'd be willing to get a new one since the case will already have 5 1/4" openings.

PLex data is all on an external USB3 drive (6 TB)

Requirements:
Liquid cooled
"some" RGB
NVME for OS drive
NVME or SSD for everythng else
Wireless
Bluetooth
Silent

SO, in a nutshell: I need:
Case
Power Supply
CPU
Motherboard
RAM
AIO
NVME drive
SSD DRIVE (or 2nd NVME)

Thanks to all in advance.

Budget is low for liquid cooling.  GPUs are very very hard to find for reasonable prices right now though it may get better soon on the low end. You may actually may want to reuse your old gpu.  It’s that bad.  Old gpu is not listed though so I don’t know what it is.   Might be best to get a gpu in hand (a wait list is not good enough.  They aren’t always being honored), find out how much money is left, and build a PC around that.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Budget is low for liquid cooling.  GPUs are very very hard to find for reasonable prices right now though it may get better soon on the low end. You may actually may want to reuse your old gpu.  It’s that bad.  Old gpu is not listed though so I don’t know what it is.   Might be best to get a gpu in hand (a wait list is not good enough.  They aren’t always being honored), find out how much money is left, and build a PC around that.

OP said he upgraded the GPU a year and a half ago. Probably isn't that bad.

edit - it's a 5700XT.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

do you know how to read? it literally says Rx 5700XT

Just now, xdXot1c said:

do you know how to read? it literally says Rx 5700XT

Why are you being rude? He simply didn't see that. We all make these kind of mistakes.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

18 minutes ago, Downkey said:

OP said he upgraded the GPU a year and a half ago. Probably isn't that bad.

edit - it's a 5700XT.

I missed that.  Didn’t see reference to a gpu at all.  Ah. I see it.  In parentheses.  Cool!  That’s actually a decent gpu for this day and age.  Imho custom loop or air are often preferable to AIO though there are 1 or 2 CPUs and a few prebuilt or SFF cases where AIO is the cheapest or best way to go.  Whether the 5800 is worth buying is situationally dependent.  The 5800 being useful is dependent on the 5900 being unavailable or prohibitively priced.  Back when things were selling for msrp the 5800 was considered so poorly priced that it was considered a bad chip.  The chip wasn’t bad but the msrp was. With msrp out the window for AMD it comes back into consideration.  As does a bunch of intel stuff.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

22 minutes ago, Downkey said:

Excellent!.  Except maybe for the ugly RAM,  lol.

If I could find a different solution for RAM, I'm ordering all of this now.  (minus the DVD,  I already have one)

You guys are awesome!

2 minutes ago, Corry said:

If I could find a different solution for RAM, I'm ordering all of this now.  (minus the DVD,  I already have one)

You guys are awesome!

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

2 minutes ago, Corry said:

You guys are awesome!

*Doesn’t understand the concept of “ugly” ram.*. Does it have a weird overdone heat sink or something? I personally buy whatever is cheap, fast, and low profile

6 minutes ago, Corry said:

One more question....

Storage Crucial BX500 2 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive

$193.99 @ Amazon

Any problems getting two 1 TB drives @ $89 instead of one 2 tb drive @ $194?

As long as all your files are smaller than 2tb probably not. SSDs don’t do wonderfully with raid0.  It’s doable, but there are issues.

Thank you, again.  Wasn't in my plans to go with RAID, especially at such a small size.  I just figured I'd save 10 bucks, and if worst case scenario comes, if one drive fails, I'll only lose half of my stuff.  lol