DRAM LED Permanently on, System working

Go to solution Solved by PorkishPig,
16 minutes ago, Tob1d said:

I have had the problem with my RAM XMP Profiles not working, so I set the Ram Frequenzy to 3200 Mhz and the system is working without any problems. However the DRAM LED on the Motherboard still is constantly on and i didnt see any warning or something while checking the bios.

Is there anything for me to worry about and how can i fix it?

This just sound like a bug. If you want to fix it, you should try updating your BIOS. BIOS updates are available here, see page 48 of your manual here for instructions.

Hi Guys,

I just build my new system. Specs: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X; MSI MPG  B550 Gaming Carbon WIFI, G-Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB 3600 (4x8GB), MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6G (from old system), NZXT Kraken X63, Samsung NVMe SSD 980 Pro 1TB, Corsair RM850, Bequiet Pure Base 500 DX.

I have had the problem with my RAM XMP Profiles not working, so I set the Ram Frequenzy to 3200 Mhz and the system is working without any problems. However the DRAM LED on the Motherboard still is constantly on and i didnt see any warning or something while checking the bios.

Thank you very much,

Tob1d

4 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

Check task manager. Is all of the 32GB functional?

All 4 Sticks showing up in bios and 31.9GB in task manager

16 minutes ago, Tob1d said:

This just sound like a bug. If you want to fix it, you should try updating your BIOS. BIOS updates are available here, see page 48 of your manual here for instructions.

Make sure to quote me or use @PorkishPig to notify me that you replied!

Desktop

CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570-PLUS RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 32GB Case - Meshify C

GPU - RTX 3080 FE PSU - Straight Power 11 850W Platinum Storage - 980 PRO 1TB, 960 EVO 500GB, S31 1TB, MX500 500GB | OS - Windows 11 Pro

Homelab

CPU - Core i5-11400 | Cooler - Noctua NH-U12S | Motherboard - ASRock Z590M-ITX RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 32GB (2x16)  | Case - Node 304

PSU - EVGA B3 650W | Storage - 860 EVO 256GB, Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB, WD Red 4TB (x6 in RAIDZ1 w/ LSI 9207-8i) | OS - TrueNAS Scale (Debian)

48 minutes ago, PorkishPig said:

The MSI Dragon Center didnt show any Bios update (fyi) so i updated the bios via USB Stick and the MSI website and the ptoblem is fixed, thank you very much!

Edited by Tob1d
First thought the bios flash wouldnt work, but i discovered my mistake, now it works