Most reliable laptop brand

Just curious as to which laptop manufacturer/s really have the best reputation. Last time i was in the market for one was maybe two years ago and the order then was like

Apple > Asus > Toshiba > Dell/Sony > everyone else. Seems lately Toshiba is slipping and as that was the brand i was looking at for my new laptop though i'd get a second, third and forth opinion from you guys.

Thanks

Dont touch new Toshiba/HP simple as that. ASUS has always been a good brand. Lenovo are pretty good now atm.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

I've always liked lenovos. But to be fair, I haven't used that many of the other brands. I've had a toshiba that went belly up really fast, so in general, I stay away from them.

Leveno thinkpads my dad has ordered over 10000 of these for empleyes and only a few of them broke and was due to people dropping them or punching them. This was not there own personal laptop too so more abuse on it.

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

Had an HP....vow to never touch HP or their products again

I have an hp now. Just re-applied thermal paste because they literally put a tablespoons worth on. I should've taken a picture.

My own list is like this: Lenovo Thinkpad > HP Pro series > Sony Vaio > Apple (although I really don't like apple for other reasons) > others

Generally speaking, you get the best laptops by going for something more business oriented as they have way more solid frames and are generally built to last. Also I find that the Clevo Laptop I just bought used (for gaming when I travel abroad) is surprisingly good, also packs a good punch when it comes to power/price.

Lenovo and Apple. They just make the best quality laptops out there.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Apple seems to have maintained its top spot (whether or not it actually deserves it is up for debate).

I've always heard bad things about HP; not sure if they're upping their game now.

ASUS and Lenovo though seem to be on the rise.

Sony has rep for being unnecessarily expensive. Still is.

EDIT: I have had, and still own, a Toshiba Satellite L500 for 5 years. Only problem it has is that the fan makes some strange noises (I figure it's something to do with the bearing). So I guess that sort of makes Toshiba one of the best, no?

Lenovo, Samsung and Sony are what I can recommend.

HP is ok.

Stay the fuck away from ASUS. Their "laptops" are a waste of resources.

[G73JH, G73JW, UX31E,... and I've got some more around the house. All horrible pieces of junk that won't work, break easily and are of inferior build quality. If you like to get rage-herpes buy an ASUS laptop. Otherwise: Don't.]

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

I have an hp now. Just re-applied thermal paste because they literally put a tablespoons worth on. I should've taken a picture.

My HP had an AMD cpu.....the temps on that thing(crazy)

Asus?

Lenovo, MSI, Acer (use to be horrible), and Apple.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

My HP had an AMD cpu.....the temps on that thing(crazy)

As did mine, an a10 4600m or something. I changed out the thermal paste and it's 20c cooler.

I remember when "they" used to say stay away from acer, buy toshiba.....maybe there was a random shift in the earths axis and we all ended up in a parallel universe where only the brand reputations are reversed.....does this mean somewhere out there AMD trumps Intel?

I remember when "they" used to say stay away from acer, buy toshiba.....maybe there was a random shift in the earths axis and we all ended up in a parallel universe where only the brand reputations are reversed.....does this mean somewhere out there AMD trumps Intel?

In some areas they already do, especially when it comes to GPU. I'm gonna leave it at that though so that I don't start a big "fanboi" thread but being a slight AMD "fanboi" myself I couldn't just leave that hanging... :P

Leveno thinkpads my dad has ordered over 10000 of these for empleyes and only a few of them broke and was due to people dropping them or punching them. This was not there own personal laptop too so more abuse on it.

Odds are high that it still booted even after a good punching. Heck, there was a story about a W series Thinkpad being burnt to a crisp in a house fire and it still booted. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

I've heard alot of good things about lenovo think i might be very willing to give them a try

Lenovo's are quite reliable and i have had good experiences from Dell. I have had bad experience from hp and samsung laptops. And of course Apple and professional grade laptops are reliable.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

Just remember to buy a real thinkpad preferably a T or X series, I have an edge series myself and it can sure take a hit but the T and X are the pinacle (especially the trusted T series). As for the Ideapad series, they deliver about the same bang for the buck as others but I know that older were at least built in the same was as any other cheap laptops (HP Pavillion, Acer Aspire, Dell Inspiron... and so on), that might have changed though but Thinkpad has always been golden ever since it was in IBM hands.

How are the Lenovo now that IBM is no longer involved? Have they kept their quality? I've heard the trackpads and keyboard are not as good as they had been in previous generations. Thoughts?

I wouldn't mind having one of their ultra slim laptops if I could get it with between 12 - 16 GB RAM and if the keyboard/trackpad were decent

The Thinkpads are the same as I said in my last post, and have improved considerably when it comes to size and weight. As I also stated, I have no idea about the Ideapad though, but that is a consumer model directed to the cheaper end of the market so the quality will be accordingly. As for the Thinkpad keyboard, it's still the very best Laptop keyboard there is and I dare any Apple fan to tell me otherwise. It rivals some of the better membrane keyboards out there but it can't quite hit the sweetspot such as my mechanical keyboard (with Chery brown ofcourse or torpe keys if I could afford that).