Battlefield V looks grainy and much worse than Battlefield 1 at 1080p Max settings

SpacePilot7132
Go to solution Solved by Hyrogenes,
7 minutes ago, SpacePilot7132 said:

It was at the start, tested it both on and off and both have the problem.

Whenever you get home try running different games to see if the issue persists and run on integrated graphics to see if the issue is with the game or the GPU

For some reason, with maxed out settings on a 2060, Battlefield V is unplayable for me, even with all the camera effects turned off as recommended to me by a friend, it legit looks like when I had to downscale Battlefield 1 to 40% of 1080p before I got my GPU and was playing on Intel HD620. Even YouTube videos of the gameplay looks much, much better. What is happening? And yes, I have checked all my settings line by line including my resolution scale, etc.

1 minute ago, rickeo said:

Is DLSS enabled? 

2 minutes ago, Hyrogenes said:

Any images?

I'll SS some when I get home, sorry I probably should have gotten some before asking the question. For now, just imagine you are an American solider in WW2 and somebody kicked sand in your eyes while smearing mud on your face.

Just now, SpacePilot7132 said:

I'll SS some when I get home, sorry I probably should have gotten some before asking the question. For now, just imagine you are an American solider in WW2 and somebody kicked sand in your eyes while smearing mud on your face.

That is one of the funniest descriptions I have ever seen. Solution for your poor soldier is for him to wear goggles. For you we will see what went wrong when we get ss

7 minutes ago, SpacePilot7132 said:

Whenever you get home try running different games to see if the issue persists and run on integrated graphics to see if the issue is with the game or the GPU

Just now, Hyrogenes said:

Will do, thx!

Make sure those film filters are turned off on the game, specifically the 4 on the bottom. 

Screenshot 2021-05-11 093747.png

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

40 minutes ago, SpacePilot7132 said:

For some reason, with maxed out settings on a 2060, Battlefield V is unplayable for me, even with all the camera effects turned off as recommended to me by a friend, it legit looks like when I had to downscale Battlefield 1 to 40% of 1080p before I got my GPU and was playing on Intel HD620. Even YouTube videos of the gameplay looks much, much better. What is happening? And yes, I have checked all my settings line by line including my resolution scale, etc.

100% agree.

I ended up uninstalling BF5 because of how rough it looked.

I had a similar experience with the Star Wars Battlefront games too.

Yet, BF1 and Hardline look fine - so it's not a DICE engine issue.

11 minutes ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

100% agree.

I ended up uninstalling BF5 because of how rough it looked.

I had a similar experience with the Star Wars Battlefront games too.

Yet, BF1 and Hardline look fine - so it's not a DICE engine issue.

Its weird that you had those issues with Battlefront 1 & 2 though. They look fine for me. I'm going to start calling it EA syndrome.

2 hours ago, SpacePilot7132 said:

Its weird that you had those issues with Battlefront 1 & 2 though. They look fine for me. I'm going to start calling it EA syndrome.

I play at 1440p, so it may just be i was stretching my hardware to the limit.

23 hours ago, Hyrogenes said:

for some reason, disabling my GPU in device manager and then re-enabling did it! Thanks!