HELP!!!! Gtx 980

I have a pc and I wanted to build another one and then sell it for fun because I love building pc’s anyway so I built my next pc and the screen didn’t turn on so I put in my 3070 and it worked but when I put my 980 in my other build it worked only when the gtx 980 was I’m my new system it would not work

pc 1 specs

Gpu zotac rtx 3070

Cpu amd 3700x

Mobo gigabyte x570 elite wifi

Ram Corsair 2x8 3200mhz

psu Corsair 650w gold plus full modular 

pc 2 specs

Mobo msi h410 pro

Gpu gigabyte gtx 980 wind force

cpu intel core i3 10105f

ram viper 2x4 3000mhz

pzu Corsair 430w 80 plus bronze not modular 

8F8DC3A5-D62A-472E-A551-D52456B4AD1E.jpeg

EE76F063-A5E7-4EAC-AD46-72FACFFFB5FF.jpeg

The problem with “it doesn’t run” it could be any of the components.  Will PC 2 run with the 3070 and a big enough PSU? Any other gpu you have lying around that is known good is another option)  That could tell you if the rest of the system is at least working. 

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, Markshark36 said:

Pc 2 will run with 3070

Argh. So parts are known good anyway. Maybe a driver issue?  My memory is the 9xx stuff is old enough it may need a different driver.  Also win10 did not play nice with my 970 and my monitor.  It did this weird thing of working and then actually shutting off the monitor.  I think it’s a monitor driver issue with me.  The problem is the monitor is Korean grey-market and I can’t read Korean so negotiating the rabbit warren of the crossover website using Google translate just causes problems. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

• 3 weeks later...