Xbox Wireless Headset and Dolby Atmos problem

remekra

Hi,

I recently bought mentioned headset and installed Dolby Access app on my PC, enabled spatial sound option in Audio settings. Tried Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition and after turning it on in the menu sound is breaking up. It's there for couple of seconds and then silence, after another couple of seconds it working again, repeatedly. Tried turning it off in Windows and enabling it only in-game but the same happens. Afer that tried Warzone but similar thing happens. When gameplay starts sound is breaking up as in Metro, I can only hear music. Only game that supports Atmos and seems to be working is Cyberpunk.

Tried reinstalling the Access app but that did not help. I'm using Xbox Wireless Adapter (newer, smaller revision), reinstalled drivers for it - did not help. Found one thread on Microsoft forums, some people are having the same problem it seems, but other than that no info on the issue. W10 updated to the latest version.

I'm wondering if anyone has that headset with Adapter and could try too see if the same happens in those or other Atmos supported games, as I don't know if I should prepare for Windows reinstallation or if it's a common problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Just in case anyone wants to buy this Headset for Dolby Atmos and to use it on PC. No fix for the mentioned problem. Here are the threads for the problem on Microsoft forums:

Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows issues with Atmos/Sonic spatial - Microsoft Community

[PC] Xbox Wireless Headset + Dolby Atmos = Audio - Microsoft Community

You can also find more posts on for example Gears 5 reddit as it also does not work there. Also does not work in The Division 2, Metro Exodus, Immortals, CoD and maybe some other games.

Contacted Microsoft about it, they raised a support ticket but nothing after that.

It would be nice if some reviews mentioned it, but nothing about it in every review I saw.