Windows not booting after update

When booting Windows normally it freezes during the black screen with spinning dots. No BSOD. Update KB5000802 (mandatory update) causes this behavior consistently. If I go into safe-mode and restore to before this update the PC works perfectly. Unfortunately the update likes to install itself and all I can do is delay it :(

I really need some help here. I can't update my computer at all without it either not booting into Windows or becoming so slow it's completely unusable. All drivers are up-to-date.

Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2 19042.964

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
Asus PRIME X570-Pro (BIOS v3801 BETA (latest))
G.SKILL 64GB DDR4-3200
NVIDIA RTX 3070 FE
Samsung 980 Pro SSD
Corsair AX850 PSU

I feel the issue is either related to a BIOS setting or a bug with the BIOS software + KB5000802 due to the hangs and freezes.

Maybe this will help:

https://www.windowslatest.com/2021/03/16/windows-10-kb5001567-released-to-fix-kb5000802-bsod-printing-issue/

Apparently there is a fix for the issues caused by KB5000802 and a way to install them. You might be able to install that one from safe-mode or after you go back to the older version and then make sure it's also installed before rebooting. I am not sure it will work as your issues with the KB does not sound like the issue most other people are having, but it might be worth a try.

may you should reinstall windows 10 it might work if u don't have any option

It started with KB5000802 but I delayed that update long enough that it disappeared and the same issue seems to have moved now to update KB5001330.

At this point I've restored and completely disabled windows update. Ugh

23 hours ago, Subash said:

may you should reinstall windows 10 it might work if u don't have any option

Yep had to reinstall windows, annoying