USB 3 to HDMI

Nizar77

Hello , does USB3 to HDMI Adapter affects the performance of the CPU or Ram? Because my PC is old I7 950 and I need to extend my desktop to one more Monitor.

Thanks

USB Display adaptors a software accelerated, which means your CPU is running code to run display stuff on them (So you will be using RAM and CPU to do that)

They can be unresponsive and laggy (depending on what you are displaying on them). But really, they are good options if a GPU upgrade is not an option.

Your CPU iGPU can likely support 2 monitors (and maybe 3 if 1 is DisplayPort running DisplayPort Natively or with an Active adaptor). If you have free display outputs that aren't HDMI, I suggest you adapt them to HDMI.

7 hours ago, comicsansms said:

USB Display adaptors a software accelerated, which means your CPU is running code to run display stuff on them (So you will be using RAM and CPU to do that)

They can be unresponsive and laggy (depending on what you are displaying on them). But really, they are good options if a GPU upgrade is not an option.

Your CPU iGPU can likely support 2 monitors (and maybe 3 if 1 is DisplayPort running DisplayPort Natively or with an Active adaptor). If you have free display outputs that aren't HDMI, I suggest you adapt them to HDMI.

thanks for reply , I will explain my "story" :

my old pc parts is .Asus rampage formula 3 , i7 950 , 12G ram , and video card has 2 DVI and 1 mini hdmi , but the hdmi is shared with one of the DVI , so the total is 2 output only . and I need to extend my desktop to 3 monitors , so does the USB3-HDMI adapter can do the job with my old PC? and does it reduce the performance a lot because the pc is not super fast?