Nintendo Emulators

rkunati

I want to play the Pokémon games Black, HeartGold, Platinum, basically DS games. I don't have a gaming pc, just a Lenovo workstation. It has Intel I5-7400, 32 GB of ram, 1 TB HDD, and NVIDIA GeForce GT 730. I know that my specs aren't the best, but I was wondering if there are any emulators I can run and save games. 

i'm not sure how the forum rules stand on discussing how to emulate consoles.. so on that front i'll just say "google is your friend, there's only 2 or 3 options for DS anyways"

past that, your pc will have no issues at all with DS, it's only WII, 3DS, and later stuff that's really heavy to run.

3 hours ago, manikyath said:

i'm not sure how the forum rules stand on discussing how to emulate consoles..

discussing emulation is fine, just asking about isos and stuff isnt (for obvious reasons)

And i was thinking the same, there probably arent that many choices for specific emulators, and ds probably even runs on budget phones nowadays.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

5 hours ago, rkunati said:

I want to play the Pokémon games Black, HeartGold, Platinum, basically DS games. I don't have a gaming pc, just a Lenovo workstation. It has Intel I5-7400, 32 GB of ram, 1 TB HDD, and NVIDIA GeForce GT 730. I know that my specs aren't the best, but I was wondering if there are any emulators I can run and save games. 

citra is a popular ds emulator. download that, and somehow source roms from "somewhere". Not sure what you mean about saving games, should be easily able to save in game and have the save file accessed by the emulator. DS emulation is not super is not super CPU intensive, so you'd be fine with your current cpu. Your gpu is also plenty for the native resoltuion ds games. 

i bought a USB N64 controller and emulate original gameboy, NES SNES N64, i still own all the consoles and the game cartiridges, however most of the cartridge batteries are long dead and wont keep a save file. thats why i went with emulators, however i dont use ROMS that i dont own on systems i dont own. i heard Citra was good too, im pretty sure i can bind the keys to my N64 controller. i wanna play the DS Hyrule warriors on a 32inch monitor.