My friends pc plan

Go to solution Solved by Cheburek,
16 hours ago, SlaviYAX said:

my friend has a budget of 650 usd and this is the parts he chose it is on Czech but I think you will know what is means (in the attachment) btw 1 usd is 27kč and this build costs almost exactly 650usd

5531A291-BEB1-4997-A496-33235AC78B80.jpeg

Good budget build:

The GTX 1050 ti is reasonably priced,so is the i3,both of them are still quite capable.

But...the power supply is just 300w,couldnt he get a 550w unit for like 50 euro instead?Its going to help a lot in the future.

my friend has a budget of 650 usd and this is the parts he chose it is on Czech but I think you will know what is means (in the attachment) btw 1 usd is 27kč and this build costs almost exactly 650usd

16 hours ago, SlaviYAX said:

Good budget build:

The GTX 1050 ti is reasonably priced,so is the i3,both of them are still quite capable.

But...the power supply is just 300w,couldnt he get a 550w unit for like 50 euro instead?Its going to help a lot in the future.

I'd strongly advise to get a SSD with DRAM cache. Else the performance will tank hard, even to hard drive levels. See the SSD tier list.

3 hours ago, Ydfhlx said:

I'd strongly advise to get a SSD with DRAM cache. Else the performance will tank hard, even to hard drive levels. See the SSD tier list.

Thanks I will tell that to him

4 hours ago, Cheburek said:

Good budget build:

Thanks for the recommendations I will tel him that

4 minutes ago, SlaviYAX said:

Thanks for the recommendations I will tel him that

You could also tell him to try and get a 2x4 kit of ram instead as he can get better performance for a similar amount of money.

Having 2 stick of ram instead of 1 will give dual channel,which helps the I3 a lot.

1 minute ago, Cheburek said:

You could also tell him to try and get a 2x4 kit of ram instead as he can get better performance for a similar amount of money.

Having 2 stick of ram instead of 1 will give dual channel,which helps the I3 a lot.

I told him that and he said that if he finds it for the same price he will buy it

4 minutes ago, SlaviYAX said:

I told him that and he said that if he finds it for the same price he will buy it

Honestly dual channel can make a difference of 40%, he should do it even if it would mean downgrading something else. I didn't initially notice he has only 1 stick.

1 minute ago, Ydfhlx said:

Honestly dual channel can make a difference of 40%, he should do it even if it would mean downgrading something else. I didn't initially notice he has only 1 stick.

I also didn’t notice at first I will tell him the performance difference