Simple Website Hosting

Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,

Literally any hosting company. Starting from the "bad boy" goDaddy. Though I would recommend that you pick some local hosting company instead of global one if the markets you are targeting are local too. Nothing better than supporting locals.

I have used Namecheap.com for domain and hosting previously. This was for personal projects.

So I'm building a website for a friend and I need to find somewhere to host the website. I want to write the code myself and sites like wix only support their drag and drop websites. I know how to build websites in Java and Html. The main thing I want is ftp access so I can use my one IDE. Any suggestions?

What you want is shared hosting. 

Personally, I currently use namecheap.com 's shared hosting - I moved a bunch of small sites I have when I cancelled a dedicated server somewhere else.

Here's the link : https://www.namecheap.com/hosting/shared/

You get 50% off the first year, so for the cheapest plan you'd pay around 19$ the first year and you also get a free domain name (limited to some TLDs) but you can use your own domain name. 

The next level up plan allows you to host more than 3 websites and their subdomains  - but note you'd still be limited to a maximum of 300k files so you can't really have an unlimited number of websites and unlimited disk space and so on ... they don't lie, scroll down and it's all listed there.

They have a nice management panel from where you can install various scripts, but you can also just use the ftp account to connect and upload your files, as you wish.

and btw, install honey browser add-on and you may get some extra discounts ... maybe not for the first shared hosting year which is already 50% off, but you may get 20-40% off a domain name if you choose to buy one from them at the same time.

ps. if you want 100% free.. there are some free hosting sites out there ... but it's hit and miss ... some insert ads in your pages , others are slow or have limits on how many people can access your website at same time and so on..

Literally any hosting company. Starting from the "bad boy" goDaddy. Though I would recommend that you pick some local hosting company instead of global one if the markets you are targeting are local too. Nothing better than supporting locals.

I have used Namecheap.com for domain and hosting previously. This was for personal projects.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv