is a gtx 770 compatible with modern win10?

I recently bought a gtx 770 and it was broken, so I bought an other one that was also broken hoping I could fix it. The last cart I bought gave glitches on the screen, see photo. But after installing a old driver from july 2015 the glitches were gone but my pc was still unable to detect the videocart and it could not even run the crew 2, something even my gt 710 could. when I installed the game ready driver from nvidea the glitches reappered. In systemmanager it gives a code 43 failure. it also doesn't show up in taskmanager but it is detected by spekky but it doensn't give me a status of the gpu, only that it is there. anyone has an idea to fix this?

specs of my system if it does matter

intel xeon x5460

4x2gb corsair vengance ddr3 memory + 4x2gb memory from ?intel?

600w psu (this should not be the problem because the system would shut itself down if it was the problem)

asrock pro p43 usb 3.0 motherboard

IMG_20210503_205105.jpg

Nvidia Quadro FX1500 (released April 2006) still work with Windows 10. So no, a GTX 770 works fine with Windows 10.

Something is either up with your PC, or both of your GTX 770s are defective.

What is your PSU?

This looks more like a driver issue or a possible (GPU) memory corruption.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

18 minutes ago, comicsansms said:

Nvidia Quadro FX1500 (released April 2006) still work with Windows 10. So no, a GTX 770 works fine with Windows 10.

Something is either up with your PC, or both of your GTX 770s are defective.

What is your PSU?

the whole system works with a gt 710 gpu so if something is defect it is the gpu

1 minute ago, MartinvdDikkenberg said:

the whole system works with a gt 710 gpu so if something is defect it is the gpu

What is the PSU?

Buying 2 used "working" GPUs, and both are defective seems like there's an issue with your system.

1 minute ago, Eigenvektor said:

but why is it gone with the old drivers? but then gives bad performance

12 minutes ago, MartinvdDikkenberg said:

600W ewent

Get a better PSU.

Shit PSUs can make shit not work.

30 minutes ago, MartinvdDikkenberg said:

but why is it gone with the old drivers? but then gives bad performance

Might be a compatibility issue between the newer drivers and older devices. Maybe the driver does something in a way the old card doesn't like. Or maybe it is using different memory regions than the older drivers for 2D, so you just don't notice the issue on the desktop.

1 hour ago, comicsansms said:

Get a better PSU.

Shit PSUs can make shit not work.

I admit that it is not the best psu but I would not say that it is a shit psu because it it not 80plus titanium or something 

1 hour ago, MartinvdDikkenberg said:

I admit that it is not the best psu but I would not say that it is a shit psu because it it not 80plus titanium or something 

I mean, it is not even 80plus certified. (ewent doesn't have any 80plus certified PSUs, I've checked).

There's a lot of shitty PSUs that no one should ever buy that are 80plus certified. There's no excuse for any PSU made after 2006 to not be 80plus certified. (Even ones in prebuilts)

Get a decent PSU. Make a thread in the PSU sub-forum, and tell them where you are from and stores you can buy from.

2 hours ago, MartinvdDikkenberg said:

I have to agree with @comicsansms, the rating is for 600 watts, but the specs are 12 V = 22 A, that = 264 Watts, and this is the best I can find. I'm no expert, but damn, that is weak, not even half the rating on the 12V rail, even my cheap $40 EVGA 500w W1 does 480W on the 12V rail.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

2 hours ago, MadAnt250 said:

I have to agree with @comicsansms, the rating is for 600 watts, but the specs are 12 V = 22 A, that = 264 Watts, and this is the best I can find. I'm no expert, but damn, that is weak, not even half the rating on the 12V rail, even my cheap $40 EVGA 500w W1 does 480W on the 12V rail.

you are defently right, but if power was the issue it would cause the system to shut down, right? I also tried it with my brother's 750w psu from corsair and it still doesn't work properly so I don't think the psu is really the problem altough you could call it shit.  

6 hours ago, Eigenvektor said:

have you any tips to fix something like that, I have another ard I can use as a donor

52 minutes ago, MartinvdDikkenberg said:

have you any tips to fix something like that, I have another ard I can use as a donor

If you have the necessary equipment to do SMD soldering and a way to reliably identify the chip that has an issue, you could certainly try to transplant a memory chip from one card to the other. But that is beyond my soldering skills. A repair shop would probably cost more than a replacement card.

I'd definitely verify this is indeed a hardware issue and not a software issue before even trying. If it works with the older driver as you said, it could be a software issue. Maybe one of these memory tests can help: 6 Free Programs to Check Your Video Card Memory For Errors

12 hours ago, MartinvdDikkenberg said:

I recently bought a gtx 770 and it was broken, so I bought an other one that was also broken hoping I could fix it.

Wait, you bought two broken cards. What models are they and what do they look like? Want to make sure you did not buy fake cards.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

16 hours ago, MartinvdDikkenberg said:

you are defently right, but if power was the issue it would cause the system to shut down, right? I also tried it with my brother's 750w psu from corsair and it still doesn't work properly so I don't think the psu is really the problem altough you could call it shit.  

I mean, wattage isn’t everything. Plus you have a no name PSU. It likely doesn’t have over-current protection.

Voltage regulation and ripple can cause issues. It looks like a memory issue, but it could be noisy power interfering with the memory traces, or the memory might not be getting enough voltage, so isn’t correctly holding its state.

Reinstall windows. That might help, but I kinda doubt it. They’re artificting at startup aren’t they? (If so, it’s not a driver issue)

Either you have had extremely bad luck, or something in your system is fucking it up.

Go to a friends place who has a decent PSU. Try the GPUs there.