CPU red light showing even though pc works perfectly fine

Go to solution Solved by Jumballi,

Did you remove and reinsert the CPU?

Also it could just mean power, look at the motherboard manual.

System:

Gigabyte x570 Aorus Ultra rev 1.1

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core Processor

Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super

Issue:

The red led on the mobo marked 'CPU' turns on as soon as the power button is hit and stays on until the system is off again.

The PC works perfectly fine.

I think it was caused by running the MSI afterburner overclock scanner by mistake  - I cancelled and reverted it midway through scan

It could also be when I opened it up last night to use compressed air to clean out the components. 

I'm not 100% when the red light came on - before or after the MSI mistake.

Solutions I've tried:

reverting MSI changes, uninstalling MSI and deleting any settings.

jumping cmos and going into bios after to confirm jump worked and resetting bios to default values.

removing cmos battery and jumping

removing gpu, starting, shutting down and put gpu back in.

q-flash bios to latest update from Gigabyte.

checking all connectors are clicked in.

removing 1 ram stick and trying cmos jump.

I'm fairly sure this is just aesthetic at this point since the pc works just as before. But it is annoying me to no end to have that red light in my case when the pc is fine.

Any help appreciated!

Did you remove and reinsert the CPU?

Also it could just mean power, look at the motherboard manual.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

I haven't tried reinstalling cpu yet. Is it possible that moving the case around when cleaning has somehow unseated or unsettled the CPU?

The mobo manual says that a red light indicates a problem with that component.

I have pictures of my pc from earlier this year showing that the red light was not on then - and I don't recall it ever being on until today.

For those that come here with a similar problem as mine - I removed the cpu cooler and cpu out and then put them back in. FOr whatever reason this has worked and I now no longer have a red cpu light. 

So either it somehow reset the cpu after the msi scan, OR it got dislodged during cleaning somehow which seems odd given that the cooler sits on it with quite a bit of pressure.

Many thanks to Jumballi.