Did my UPS (not PSU) die on arrival, or am I turning it on wrong? (FSP iFP 1000va/600w)

crsahkaz
Go to solution Solved by WereCatf,
7 minutes ago, crsahkaz said:

but all it does is a long beep (about 5-10s), the LCD/monitor turns on for awhile, and then it turns off.

The display isn't even supposed to stay on forever and yes, that's exactly how most UPSes work. Connect something to it and you'll see.

I bought a UPS earlier today.

UPS model:  FSP iFP 1000va / 600w.

I haven't finished charging the 6 hours before initial use (but 1h passed, so I assume it should be able to turn on already), but all it does is a long beep (about 5-10s), the LCD/monitor turns on for awhile, and then it turns off.

Anyone have any experience with it (or UPS in general)? First time "buying" and "using" one from fresh, so I'm not sure if I am doing anything wrong.

There's nothing plugged into it yet, just me plugging it into power outlet to charge battery. No lights or anything though.

7 minutes ago, crsahkaz said:

but all it does is a long beep (about 5-10s), the LCD/monitor turns on for awhile, and then it turns off.

The display isn't even supposed to stay on forever and yes, that's exactly how most UPSes work. Connect something to it and you'll see.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Just now, WereCatf said:

Ah, so its just on me.
I'm used to UPS with lights that shows it is charging (or having power input), so it felt weird to have nothing showing.

I will try again once I charge it for at least 6h (based on manual). Thanks for the info!