Which Hard Drive is better Price to Performance?

Bit8xPr0

i5 4590 @ Stock, XFX R9 290!, HyperX Beast 4x8GB  @1600, 850 EVO 120gb, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, , Asrock H97m Pro 4 , Fractal Design Define R4, Windows 10

If you have an SSD get a Blue, if you don't get the Black.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

They preform damn near the same in the real world really. Go with what ever one is cheaper.

All I can say is my Black drives me insane with its head moving across the platter, so I put the games im currently playing on my ssd.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Buy whichever is cheaper. From a statistical standpoint the price difference is almost certainly more than enough to (not) justify the price of the more expensive one.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Buy whichever is cheaper. From a statistical standpoint the price difference is almost certainly more than enough to (not) justify the price of the more expensive one.

I would agree, for price > performace there is really no change. Just go with the cheaper one from newegg.

Connor Freebairn - ConnorFreebairn@newman.cumbria.sch.uk
IT Technician & Certified computer geek.

Alright guys sounds good. I already have a seagate 500 gb drive with 16mb cache but I am building a second computer so I wanted to get another one instead of reusing the Seagate atm. I am getting a Samsung 840 EVO 250gb Soon though that is if they stay within the $130-150 price range.

i5 4590 @ Stock, XFX R9 290!, HyperX Beast 4x8GB  @1600, 850 EVO 120gb, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, , Asrock H97m Pro 4 , Fractal Design Define R4, Windows 10