My CRAP HOUSE of a PC

Go to solution Solved by Cheburek,
4 hours ago, MidnightFD3S said:

Budget (including currency): ~500$ USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: GTA V  and Warzone, stone other title but less demanding

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): so currently I'm running an H61M ASROCK mobo, 1155 society with i5 3570, 2x8gb 1600MGhz...

Yeah I bought this and clearly got scammed lol, I was stupid and impatient, so now I'm playing catch up. So I know my main issue is this stupid old gen CPU coupled with my RAM limiting mobo. I will attach the link of what I'm looking at getting, but not sure if I can find better deals of a better bang for my buck while staying in a lower pay out.

https://secure.newegg.com/wishlist/sd/Iqee_-_hldQUhwnTLwo___01tw==

The wishlist you mentioned is pretty crap especially since it doesn't have an GPU...

This is much better.

The 11500 has a strong CPU,much stronger than the 2600x.

It also has a strong iGPU compared to all other Intel CPUs...

And it's not going to bottleneck any graphics card you probably plan to put in the future with its fast 6 cores and 12 threads.

The ryzen iGPU of the G series(3400g) is going to be stronger but that also means you will be severely bottlenecked when you will want to upgrade.

The 11500 has the strongest Intel Igpu so far... it's good enough for now.

I also added a great budget cooler because the CPU runs quite toasty.

I also got a cheap SSD if you don't already have one since why not,it fits your budget and its going to make your computer feel much snappier and improves the overall experience.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: GTA V  and Warzone, stone other title but less demanding

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): so currently I'm running an H61M ASROCK mobo, 1155 society with i5 3570, 2x8gb 1600MGhz...

Yeah I bought this and clearly got scammed lol, I was stupid and impatient, so now I'm playing catch up. So I know my main issue is this stupid old gen CPU coupled with my RAM limiting mobo. I will attach the link of what I'm looking at getting, but not sure if I can find better deals of a better bang for my buck while staying in a lower pay out.

1 hour ago, MidnightFD3S said:

don't go for 2600x get 3400g which will have integrated graphic card which is good and come s with a decent stock cooler so don't need some other cooler, let me know if you want whole list of build.

4 hours ago, MidnightFD3S said:

The wishlist you mentioned is pretty crap especially since it doesn't have an GPU...

This is much better.

And it's not going to bottleneck any graphics card you probably plan to put in the future with its fast 6 cores and 12 threads.

The ryzen iGPU of the G series(3400g) is going to be stronger but that also means you will be severely bottlenecked when you will want to upgrade.

I also got a cheap SSD if you don't already have one since why not,it fits your budget and its going to make your computer feel much snappier and improves the overall experience.

10 minutes ago, Cheburek said:

This is much better.

does the 11500 lack a stock cooler? and why not get a kit of 2x8 instead of 2 1x8? 

Main PC: the literature club machine

Intel I5 9600k @ 4.2 Ghz | MSI z390-a pro | G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB 3000Mhz | Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB | Seagate barracuda 3.5" 2.5tb  | Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 | Asus GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB DUAL OC | Thermaltake Core P3 TG Snow Edition

Daily drivers

OPPO A52 | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Razer Deathadder V2 Pro | Beryodynamic DT 990 PRO | Focusrite Scarlett solo gen 2

12 minutes ago, mon1ka said:

does the 11500 lack a stock cooler? and why not get a kit of 2x8 instead of 2 1x8? 

It does have a stock cooler and it's probably going to be fine with it,I just thought putting in a good budget cooler in there doesn't hurt.

And yes he could get a kit but that's just what I found...I might change the list with a different ram kit or something but I don't see anything wrong with it so far.

He could also get a 2x4 kit instead to save some money.

I changed the ram for a cheaper and faster kit

9 minutes ago, Cheburek said:

It does have a stock cooler and it's probably going to be fine with it,I just thought putting in a good budget cooler in there doesn't hurt.

And yes he could get a kit but that's just what I found...I might change the list with a different ram kit or something but I don't see anything wrong with it so far.

He could also get a 2x4 kit instead to save some money.

I changed the ram for a cheaper and faster kit

I'm on my phone right now so I can't make any major changes, but is OP waiting for the GPU shortage to end? I agree with the cooler thing. 

Storage seems a little low tho, is OP OK with that? 

Intel I5 9600k @ 4.2 Ghz | MSI z390-a pro | G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB 3000Mhz | Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB | Seagate barracuda 3.5" 2.5tb  | Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 | Asus GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB DUAL OC | Thermaltake Core P3 TG Snow Edition

Daily drivers

OPPO A52 | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Razer Deathadder V2 Pro | Beryodynamic DT 990 PRO | Focusrite Scarlett solo gen 2

9 minutes ago, mon1ka said:

I'm on my phone right now so I can't make any major changes, but is OP waiting for the GPU shortage to end? I agree with the cooler thing. 

Storage seems a little low tho, is OP OK with that? 

I changed the ram kit myself.

Even if OP isn't gaming or waiting for the shortage to end it isn't a bad idea to get the 11500 instead of something like an 11400 because the improved  integrated graphics are a good addition to an otherwise fast CPU.

He probably  has a hard drive he could use along with the SSD as a boot drive.That's what I had in mind.For the same reason I didn't add a case,power supply,monitor... I assumed he already has those.

7 minutes ago, Cheburek said:

I changed the ram kit myself.

Even if OP isn't gaming or waiting for the shortage to end it isn't a bad idea to get the 11500 instead of something like an 11400 because the improved  integrated graphics are a good addition to an otherwise fast CPU.

He probably  has a hard drive he could use along with the SSD as a boot drive.That's what I had in mind.For the same reason I didn't add a case,power supply,monitor... I assumed he already has those.

That's good. 

I agree with you on the IGPU. Assuming is OK, but have they confirmed they have these? If not they can add the ones they like themselves if they want. 

Daily drivers

I have a gpu already... I didn't list it because it isn't part of what I'm buying...

Ok, so I have a 1650 Super (single fan), my OS is on a SSD, and I have a 1TB HDD. The main think is I'm looking to replace my cpu and mobo but because how dated my mobo is I will need ram as well. So I need essentially the items listed in my wishlist, now if there are better items for a lower price value, then I am all ears. This is just what was recommended to me by a guy I met. 

Cheb, what exactly is wrong with the amd 3 ryzen 2600x? 

6 hours ago, Crafter King said:

don't go for 2600x get 3400g which will have integrated graphic card which is good and come s with a decent stock cooler so don't need some other cooler, let me know if you want whole list of build.

So I was looking at this and I don't see how the 3400g is better... Also why do I need an integrated graphics card, if I have an actual gpu

2 minutes ago, MidnightFD3S said:

So I was looking at this and I don't see how the 3400g is better... Also why do I need an integrated graphics card, if I have an actual gpu

Your GPU wasn't listed in the original post, so they assumed you didn't have one.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 minute ago, IkeaGnome said:

Your GPU wasn't listed in the original post, so they assumed you didn't have one.

Lol I guess that makes sense, I just didn't list it because it's not the part of the build I need 🤣

I have a gpu already... I didn't list it because it isn't part of what I'm buying...

Ok, so I have a 1650 Super (single fan), my OS is on a SSD, and I have a 1TB HDD. The main think is I'm looking to replace my cpu and mobo but because how dated my mobo is I will need ram as well. So I need essentially the items listed in my wishlist, now if there are better items for a lower price value, then I am all ears. This is just what was recommended to me by a guy I met. 

Cheb, what exactly is wrong with the amd 3 ryzen 2600x? 

It's too expensive for its performance.If you want to change motherboard and CPU might as well go for the best bang for the buck.

The 2600x gets beaten by quite a large margin by the Ryzen 5 3600-10400f and 11400f/11500 I reccomended.

P.S 200$ for the 2600x is overpriced when there are newer and better parts for the same price.

If you have a GPU already then I would still reccomend you go with the build I made but instead of the 11500 get the I5 11400f.

The whole point of the 11500 is that it's integrated graphics are better but since you already have a GPU get the 11400f.

And since you don't need an SSD then you can use the extra money to get faster ram...or get a higher end motherboard.

I probably will remake that pc part picker list now that I know more details.

3 minutes ago, Cheburek said:

It's too expensive for its performance.If you want to change motherboard and CPU might as well go for the best bang for the buck.

The 2600x gets beaten by quite a large margin by the Ryzen 5 3600-10400f and 11400f/11500 I reccomended.

P.S 200$ for the 2600x is overpriced when there are newer and better parts for the same price.

If you have a GPU already then I would still reccomend you go with the build I made but instead of the 11500 get the I5 11400f.

The whole point of the 11500 is that it's integrated graphics are better but since you already have a GPU get the 11400f.

And since you don't need an SSD then you can use the extra money to get faster ram...or get a higher end motherboard.

I probably will remake that pc part picker list now that I know more details.

Awesome! Thanks, yeah I am just tired of this current cpu holding me back and since ryzen is the new best thing, was thinking of going ryzen

Out of curiosity, how come you seem to to pull towards Intel? 

15 minutes ago, MidnightFD3S said:

Awesome! Thanks, yeah I am just tired of this current cpu holding me back and since ryzen is the new best thing, was thinking of going ryzen

If you could find a 5600x, you'd be looking at something like this. The 5600x should be about $300 USD, so add that to the price. 

There is an error about BIOS. That motherboard would support bios flashing without a compatible CPU. Finding the 5600x at MSRP would be the hard part of it.

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

3 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

If you could find a 5600x, you'd be looking at something like this. The 5600x should be about $230 USD, so add that to the price. 

There is an error about BIOS. That motherboard would support bios flashing without a compatible CPU. Finding the 5600x at MSRP would be the hard part of it.

the 5600x is $300 at MSRP

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

6 minutes ago, MidnightFD3S said:

For example the 2600x is ~200$ and the 11400f I mentioned is ~175$.

Not only is it cheaper,but it's also twice as fast!!!

Of course ryzen is great but it's too expensive because of the chip shortage.The 5600x(not the 2600x,which is significantly weaker) is the CPU that's supposed to beat the 11400f but it's too expensive!You are better of with slightly worse performance and a couple hundred dollars in your pocket.

4 minutes ago, Cheburek said:

For example the 2600x is ~200$ and the 11400f I mentioned is ~175$.

Not only is it cheaper,but it's also twice as fast!!!

Of course ryzen is great but it's too expensive because of the chip shortage.The 5600x(not the 2600x,which is significantly weaker) is the CPU that's supposed to beat the 11400f but it's too expensive!You are better of with slightly worse performance and a couple hundred dollars in your pocket.

Ok that makes plenty sense to me. I have always liked intel, but with the latest ryzens thought would be better to switch over

So would you say same list you made earlier just change the ram and cpu?

2 minutes ago, Downkey said:

the 5600x is $300 at MSRP

I'm not sure where I had $230 in my head from. I thought it got released at $225ish. I'll edit above. 

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Ok that makes plenty sense to me. I have always liked intel, but with the latest ryzens thought would be better to switch over

So would you say same list you made earlier just change the ram and cpu?

Just the CPU.You could change the ram but I see little reason.