Advice for first build part list

Aquarius

I will mostly be using this build for AAA gaming and content creation/streaming. I have a 1060 3gb right now that I'll use a a placeholder card until i can get my hands on a 3060ti or a 3070. I will be doing overclocking and I do have a microcenter near me hence the reduced prices on cpu and motherboard. My max budget is 850usd so if there are any upgrades fixes or ease of use improvements i could make please let me know.

That's actually a really solid list IMO. You could consider an SSD with DRAM like an Intel 660P but if you are just gaming your SSD will be fine.

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler

1 minute ago, davemc said:

That's actually a really solid list IMO. You could consider an SSD with DRAM like an Intel 660P but if you are just gaming your SSD will be fine.

ok i will change to the 660P but are there any upgrades i could make with the 50 dollars. Maybe a 1tb NVMe?

this is nucking futs for a build list

Current Rig: Intel Core i9-11900k, ASUS PRIME Z590-V, 32GB DDR4, 2.0 TB worth of SSD storage, MSI GeForce GTX 1050 TI, all in the MSI MAG FORGE 100r chassis with Corsair RM850 PSU.

10 minutes ago, Aquarius said:

ok i will change to the 660P but are there any upgrades i could make with the 50 dollars. Maybe a 1tb NVMe?

yes or get a 2tb hdd or change MB to something better or a better cooler like the arctic (aio)

3 minutes ago, Omar.B said:

yes or get a 2tb hdd or change MB to something better or a better cooler like the arctic (aio)

what do you think would be better for performance. The aio or the motherboard upgrade.

3 minutes ago, Aquarius said:

what do you think would be better for performance. The aio or the motherboard upgrade.

The MB because you can sill upgrade to i9 and the cooler just sell it and get a better one when you can  because its kinda hard to sell mobo alone  

4 minutes ago, Omar.B said:

The MB because you can sill upgrade to i9 and the cooler just sell it and get a better one when you can  because its kinda hard to sell mobo alone  

what is the best motherboard i could get for around that price(about up to 210$. 230$ if it's at microcenter because of 20$ discount)

3 minutes ago, Aquarius said:

what is the best motherboard i could get for around that price(about up to 210$. 230$ if it's at microcenter because of 20$ discount)

I recommend this one it will be 230$ but I'm not sure if there's in stock https://www.microcenter.com/product/623691/asus-z490-a-rog-strix-gaming-intel-lga-1200-atx-motherboard?ob=1  or gigabyte Aorus elite or Msi mpg gaming edge

14 minutes ago, Omar.B said:

I recommend this one it will be 230$ but I'm not sure if there's in stock https://www.microcenter.com/product/623691/asus-z490-a-rog-strix-gaming-intel-lga-1200-atx-motherboard?ob=1  or gigabyte Aorus elite or Msi mpg gaming edge

I found the MSI Z490 MAG Tomahawk open box for 167.96. is that a good board or not. if not I'll go for the aorus elite.

36 minutes ago, Aquarius said:

I found the MSI Z490 MAG Tomahawk open box for 167.96. is that a good board or not. if not I'll go for the aorus elite.

Yea its good one 

1 hour ago, Omar.B said:

Yea its good one 

So after some revisions I ended up with this as a result. I changed the ssd back as i am only gaming on it and i added some aesthetics and changed the cpu cooler. Are there any recommendations you would still give me?

7 minutes ago, Aquarius said:

So after some revisions I ended up with this as a result. I changed the ssd back as i am only gaming on it and i added some aesthetics and changed the cpu cooler. Are there any recommendations you would still give me?

Personally it looks good but the Scythe Fuma 2 (youre old cooler) is a lot better.

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Aquarius said:

Motherboard does not matter for performance, you pick one for features like I/O or expansion slots.

And AIO != automatically better, there can be good and bad both AIOs and normal heatsink coolers.

What does matter however is SSD: you picked DRAM-less (although with HMB). I suggest Intel 660p or Crucial P1, as others.

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Spoiler