3600 on an A320?

I am planning to upgrade my CPU from a 3200g to a 3600. Unfortunately, I only have an MSI A320 A-Pro. I checked tye website and I think it is compatible for 3000 series CPUs. Just here to ask if it is really compatible, just to be safe. https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/A320M-A-PRO

2 minutes ago, Iloveunisuj said:

It could run the 3600 but use your old cpu to run an install of the latest bios if needed, but i would typically recommend saving up for a b450 board, as you will not get any overclocking.

Not planning on doing any sorts of overclocking. So besides overclocking, my mobo would be good to use for the 3600?

6 minutes ago, medyobano said:

Not planning on doing any sorts of overclocking. So besides overclocking, my mobo would be good to use for the 3600?

Yes, it should work fine with a 3600.

As mentioned previously, make sure you update the BIOS to a recent enough version beforehand, if you haven't already.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

18 minutes ago, medyobano said:

I am planning to upgrade my CPU from a 3200g to a 3600. Unfortunately, I only have an MSI A320 A-Pro. I checked tye website and I think it is compatible for 3000 series CPUs. Just here to ask if it is really compatible, just to be safe. https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/A320M-A-PRO

Please be mindful that a 3200G (Zen+) is not exactly the same architecture as a 3600 (Zen 2) which is why @Iloveunisuj mentioned a BIOS update.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!