Intel core i9 9900ks gaming pc build

CPU:Intel i5 11400F Motherboard: Asrock B560M-C | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 32GB Kit | Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Super 6GB | PSU: Ibuypower OEM 500W Psu | Case: Ibuypower Slate mr203i case from ebay | CPU Cooler: Cheap 10 dollar deepcool (i forgot the model) | Case Fans: They arrived with the case but they are ARGB 

Is this thing already built or are you thinking about buying the parts and building it?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

its parts

CPU:Intel i5 11400F Motherboard: Asrock B560M-C | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 32GB Kit | Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Super 6GB | PSU: Ibuypower OEM 500W Psu | Case: Ibuypower Slate mr203i case from ebay | CPU Cooler: Cheap 10 dollar deepcool (i forgot the model) | Case Fans: They arrived with the case but they are ARGB 

That processor is not worth the money and plus, no price for the motherboard most likely means OOS or not coming back in stock since it's now a dead platform. No point in paying for premium anti-malware, the free variant is good enough. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

dude the cpu is good its pre overclocked at 4 ghz  

smh

i can just use honey browser extension to pay less lol

12 minutes ago, cheed loves linus videos said:

dude the cpu is good its pre overclocked at 4 ghz  

smh

If it’s parts it’s not pre overclocked. That’s just not possible.  If it’s a prebuilt it is but not as parts you put together yourself.  

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

is the clock speed 4 ghz or what is the clock speed

i can just use honey browser extension to pay less lol

3090s are hard to get hands on at all unless you pay a scalper.  I notice there’s no price on that either.   That 9900ks is apparently not far off 2 grand which is enterprise chip money.  It’s like there’s a decimal point shift there.  Reminds me a bit of a video I watched some time ago about the smallest skyscraper in the world where they converted feet to inches with an extra ‘ .  The thing came out to be about 3 stories tall with reeaaaallly narrow parts. 

whats the clock speed of intel core i9 9900ks is it overclocked to 4 ghz or is it the clock speed

9 minutes ago, cheed loves linus videos said:

is the clock speed 4 ghz or what is the clock speed

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/192943/intel-core-i9-9900ks-processor-16m-cache-up-to-5-00-ghz.html

intel is on 11s now not 9s.  Seeing the chip below $400 on just the “featured” pics google throws up.

The biggest trick in that build is the 3090 imho. If you’ve got hands on one already that’s one thing, but if you don’t I wouldn’t plan on seeing one. An 8 core build with no gpu (I guess technically any 9900ks build would have A GPU.  It’s not a 3090 though. An iGPU is very much not a 3090)

Edited by Bombastinator

is 11s cheaper?

3 minutes ago, cheed loves linus videos said:

is 11s cheaper?

Than 2k?!  Most things are.  I don’t know how an 11700k (an 8core chip too) compares with with a 9900ks, but it’s the sort of thing that’s easy to find out on the internet. I suspect it’s faster.  I don’t know though.  It’s got a much better iGPU but if you’re running a 3090 that won’t matter much.

whats the clock speed of intel core i9 9900ks is it overclocked to 4 ghz or is it the clock speed

According to the link from the manufacturer I posted to you 4.0 is base speed.

the 11700k isnt worth it though cause it bassicaly is the same thing 

and sory for my bad grammar i have dyslexia

14 minutes ago, cheed loves linus videos said:

and sory for my bad grammar i have dyslexia

It’s a not uncommon problem. 

16 minutes ago, cheed loves linus videos said:

the 11700k isnt worth it though cause it bassicaly is the same thing 

Runs on newer boards though. 9900k was pre pcie4 and pre thunderbolt.  Also there were one or two USB types as well.  Very well might not be any faster.  They sell for less than 2 grand though.  Most everything does, including 9900ks

Edited by Bombastinator

i dont know what decision i wanna make

/

I just built a solid new PC for around $2k. Definitely can get a good CPU for a much better price. And you likely don't need a 3090 unless you're doing intense rendering workloads - the other 30 series cards will do fabulously for gaming and will let you get a smaller (and cheaper) power supply.

What kind of work loads are you planning for this PC? What games are you playing?

Keep in mind that there's a global silicon shortage so there will still be some price hikes, but you can definitely get a better price-to-power ratio.

what better cpu's are there

One alternative CPU option would be a 10850K which is a generation newer, about the same price, with more cores and threads. The 10700k and 11700k are also solid CPUs in that price range with more features due to the newer chipsets. And if you're not married to Intel, most Ryzen CPUs are excellent price-to-performance.

thanks and also i like intel bc they kinda have better reliable cpu's then amd its cheaper but the cpu u said is really good 300 dollars only thanks man i appreciate it and yes im trying to build the best pc ever to do heavy gaming thats why im getting rtx 3090

9900ks on amazon is like 2000 bruh

the 10850K is wayy cheaper and has a little better peformance probably gonna be my pc for 10 years cuz im gonna buy a warranty sub for my pc