3090 12fps in COD :(

pianopop9

Hi all. I am really stuck.  Have a GeForce 3090.  All of a sudden out of nowhere had a few crashes while playing COD Warzone and now I'm getting 12 fps at the menu after the game loads.  I've rolled back my Nvidia driver. No dice. Completely uninstalled the drivers and did a clean install still no good.  Triple checked all my Nvidia settings and in-game settings. Nothing has changed and my frames are gone.  Any ideas? 

full specs pls

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler

Clean install windows?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

On 4/23/2021 at 11:34 PM, Slottr said:

Temps? GPU/CPU/Memory Usage in game?

It's an EVGA FTW 3090.  Temps are all in normal range. i9-10900K. 32g of RAM. Micro-Star Z490-A Pro motherboard. Trying a clean install of the game now. 

Just now, pianopop9 said:

It's an EVGA FTW 3090.  Temps are all in normal range. i9-10900K. 32g of RAM. Trying a clean install of the game now. 

Dumb question but maybe you are running off the iGPU?

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Spoiler

1 hour ago, davemc said:

Dumb question but maybe you are running off the iGPU?

correct - using the 3090 in display manager. 

Hey All I am a friend of Pop here!

For those of you wanting more information, here is what we found/what we did!

PC Specs:

EVGA 3090

Intel 19-10900k
32 gb RAM

Z490 A-Pro Motherboard

All games were running fine until he updated his graphics driver to the April 14, 2021 release from NVIDEA. Warzone was getting 170+ frames, rocket and fall guys were the other test subjects and they ran perfectly smooth. After the update, warzone frames dropped to 40 in the menue and then less than 30 in game. All settings were set the same as before the update. Rocket league and Fall Guys were running with stuttering. CPU Usage was about 50% and GPU was around 60% usage in game.

The first thing I did was make sure the graphics adapter was set properly and it was. We used DDU to do a clean install of the current drivers and the issue still persisted. Then, DDU was utilized to install the previous graphics driver version released on March 30, 2021. The issue still persisted so X1 was used to update the card's bios and the March 30, 2021 drivers were installed. G-Sync, variable refreshrate, and hardware-accellerated graphics were disabled. Warzone began to behave normally as it did before. The Usage was the same as before.

During the period of me writing this, I failed to even ask if the most current version of windows was installed. So, after the windows update, Warzone was checked and was running as expected/desired. Then, the most recent version of graphics drivers (April 14, 2021) was downloaded. The issue came back and warzone was running at 15-20 fps. 

Seems to be an issue with the driver itself. Only seems to be affecting him though. We attmepted to look elsewhere like NVIDEA's own forum but no one has posted any similar issue.

EDIT: I run a 3080 with a Ryzen 3700X and have the most updated graphics drivers and it runs just fine.

15 minutes ago, Link9968 said:

Hey All I am a friend of Pop here!

For those of you wanting more information, here is what we found/what we did!

PC Specs:

EVGA 3090

Intel 19-10900k
32 gb RAM

Z490 A-Pro Motherboard

All games were running fine until he updated his graphics driver to the April 14, 2021 release from NVIDEA. Warzone was getting 170+ frames, rocket and fall guys were the other test subjects and they ran perfectly smooth. After the update, warzone frames dropped to 40 in the menue and then less than 30 in game. All settings were set the same as before the update. Rocket league and Fall Guys were running with stuttering. CPU Usage was about 50% and GPU was around 60% usage in game.

The first thing I did was make sure the graphics adapter was set properly and it was. We used DDU to do a clean install of the current drivers and the issue still persisted. Then, DDU was utilized to install the previous graphics driver version released on March 30, 2021. The issue still persisted so X1 was used to update the card's bios and the March 30, 2021 drivers were installed. G-Sync, variable refreshrate, and hardware-accellerated graphics were disabled. Warzone began to behave normally as it did before. The Usage was the same as before.

During the period of me writing this, I failed to even ask if the most current version of windows was installed. So, after the windows update, Warzone was checked and was running as expected/desired. Then, the most recent version of graphics drivers (April 14, 2021) was downloaded. The issue came back and warzone was running at 15-20 fps. 

Seems to be an issue with the driver itself. Only seems to be affecting him though. We attmepted to look elsewhere like NVIDEA's own forum but no one has posted any similar issue.

EDIT: I run a 3080 with a Ryzen 3700X and have the most updated graphics drivers and it runs just fine.

Okay well one PC restart later and it has gone back to the same behavior of running at 20 FPS. I don't know what is going on

8 hours ago, Link9968 said:

Okay well one PC restart later and it has gone back to the same behavior of running at 20 FPS. I don't know what is going on

Perhaps try to reinstall the old driver?

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Spoiler

4 hours ago, davemc said:

Perhaps try to reinstall the old driver?

Used DDU to reinstall old driver and the problem still persisted for some reason. Even though before it was working fine. He's currently away but he is going to do a reinstall of windows when he gets home

I've heard some reports of the most recent windows update causing big performance issues for gaming. A fix should be rolling out soon, but if it's possible try rolling back the most recent major OS update. That may help the issue.

Spoiler

Primary System: Big Rave
CPU: R7 2700x
Cooler: EK-AIO Basic 360
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 2400 CL14 (OC @2733Mhz)

Mobo: Asus ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming
GPU-1: Asus ROG STRIX GTX 1070 8G Gaming

Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic

Windows 10 Boot Disk: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

Ubuntu 20.04 Boot Disk: Samsung 970 EVO plus 500GB

Fans: Corsair LL120 RGB (x6)
PSU: EVGA BQ 850 W 80+ Bronze Certified

Secondary System: Razer Blade 15 (RTX)
CPU: i7-9750H

RAM: 16GB (Dual Channel, 2667Mhz)
GPU: RTX 2070 Max-Q
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB