Notification sounds glitch (sometimes)

FRD

Browser, version and OS: Chrome, Windows 10 64-bit. Running in normal mode or incognito mode (mostly this one).

Steps to reproduce/what were you doing before it happened?

Normal forum use

What happened?

Quite often my (bell) notification sound glitches. It's the "bloop" kind of sound. It normally plays for around a second. But sometimes it's just a like a glitch sound. The sound will play only 0.1 or 0.2 seconds and be cut off before it's done.
The glitch is totally random, sometimes does it, sometimes not. The first time I heard it I was like, where's that noise coming from?

What did you expect to happen?

Of course it should play the entire sound like it should, not be cutted off.

Link to a page where it happened, if applicable: -

Screenshots of the issue, if applicable: -

Any other relevant details: -

If it's a cloudflare error, what was the ray ID from the bottom of the error page? -

Is this a laptop or desktop? If it is a desktop, how are the audio out put connected? 3.5mm, bluetooth, usb, etc.

Full time technology enthusiast, part time IT.

1 hour ago, Pikatchu said:

Is this a laptop or desktop? If it is a desktop, how are the audio out put connected? 3.5mm, bluetooth, usb, etc.

Right, I didn't mention that. It's on laptop and it's on both speaker and through headphones/earphones through 3.5mm multijack.

My understanding is that this is not straight forward to fix unfortunately. Notification sounds aren't supported very well by browsers, so there's a couple of layers of abstraction of libraries trying to work around browser shortcomings, but sometimes either a change to help in one case makes things worse in another case, or a browser just decides that the sound shouldn't be played, potentially part way through it. I've looked into similar issues in the past, but the small amount of progress that I was able to make in debugging it then wasn't able to help because fixing that would have broken other conditions.

HTTP/2 203