GPU Crashing while playing games (Fixed)

Ok, so I've had my PC for over a year now and this is the first time I've dealt with this issue and I don't know how to fix it. To give context, when I'm playing games (any type of games) randomly after a couple minutes of booting the game up my screen goes black and my GPU fans speed up. i can still hear whatever is on my PC but just cant see it and the only way to get picture is turning it off and on again but I just cant play games at all. I can watch YouTube and browse the internet and nothing happens but the second i boot a game after about 5 mins it just crashes. Before this started happening I tried overclocking my GPU via Geforce Experience and it only overclocked it by 83mhz which is nothing so i just left it alone and reset it to its default settings and next day my PC would just keep crashing and after me booting it up around 4 or 5 time in a row it would have the issue of the GPU crashing but once I turn it off and on again its the same issue all over again. I've tried looking online for problem solving but none of them have worked for me as far as I can tell. I used to use Afterburner for overclocking manually but uninstalled it months ago and idk if it keeps your GPU overclocked even when its off your PC, So I reinstalled it to check and it kept my save so I assumed the issue was it was too far overclocked and if I reset it to default settings it wouldn't crash anymore and I reset it to default and same thing happened where my screen goes black, I hear a ding on my desktop like my game crashed and my GPU fans go full speed. if someone has a fix id be grateful.

Is your graphics card overclocked? this could cause it to crash/overheat. if you dont you can also try uninstalling the drivers for the card and installing them again. another simple fix if it overheats can be just taking the card out and blasting it with a bit of pressured air.

9 minutes ago, JubaSniper said:

Ok, so I've had my PC for over a year now and this is the first time I've dealt with this issue and I don't know how to fix it. To give context, when I'm playing games (any type of games) randomly after a couple minutes of booting the game up my screen goes black and my GPU fans speed up. i can still hear whatever is on my PC but just cant see it and the only way to get picture is turning it off and on again but I just cant play games at all. I can watch YouTube and browse the internet and nothing happens but the second i boot a game after about 5 mins it just crashes. Before this started happening I tried overclocking my GPU via Geforce Experience and it only overclocked it by 83mhz which is nothing so i just left it alone and reset it to its default settings and next day my PC would just keep crashing and after me booting it up around 4 or 5 time in a row it would have the issue of the GPU crashing but once I turn it off and on again its the same issue all over again. I've tried looking online for problem solving but none of them have worked for me as far as I can tell. I used to use Afterburner for overclocking manually but uninstalled it months ago and idk if it keeps your GPU overclocked even when its off your PC, So I reinstalled it to check and it kept my save so I assumed the issue was it was too far overclocked and if I reset it to default settings it wouldn't crash anymore and I reset it to default and same thing happened where my screen goes black, I hear a ding on my desktop like my game crashed and my GPU fans go full speed. if someone has a fix id be grateful.

What is your gpu and power supply?

Just now, gamagama69 said:

What is your gpu and power supply?

MSI Gaming x Trio 2080Ti and RMi 850 Corsair PSU

3 minutes ago, JubaSniper said:

MSI Gaming x Trio 2080Ti and RMi 850 Corsair PSU

this config seems to be okay, it must just be either overclocked too much, or a problem with the drivers. could also be overheating or possibly the wires are not fully connected make sure all this is fine and then try again.

19 minutes ago, Jakub Jechorek said:

Is your graphics card overclocked? this could cause it to crash/overheat. if you dont you can also try uninstalling the drivers for the card and installing them again. another simple fix if it overheats can be just taking the card out and blasting it with a bit of pressured air.

temps stay around 75C so I doubt its an overheating issue

Just now, JubaSniper said:

temps stay around 75C so I doubt its an overheating issue

must just be the drivers then not working as they are supposed to for some reason, or as ive said the wires could have got loose.

8 minutes ago, Jakub Jechorek said:

this config seems to be okay, it must just be either overclocked too much, or a problem with the drivers. could also be overheating or possibly the wires are not fully connected make sure all this is fine and then try again.

just double checked everything and even reset OC and it still happens and temps around the time is crashes are around 75C

just double checked everything and even reset OC and it still happens and temps around the time is crashes are around 75C

could be the graphics card is faulty. did you purchase this first owned? hand how long have you had it for?

Just now, Jakub Jechorek said:

must just be the drivers then not working as they are supposed to for some reason, or as ive said the wires could have got loose.

I've double checked all wires and it doesn't seem to be that, i redownloaded Geforce Experience and played a full game (10 mins) and it hasn't crashed. The problem is this is the fix I have been using where i uninstall geforce experience and unless i reinstall it it just keeps crashing but it only doesn't crash when I uninstall is and then reinstall it. If that makes any sense

Just now, Jakub Jechorek said:

could be the graphics card is faulty. did you purchase this first owned? hand how long have you had it for?

1st owned around last May. Right before GPU prices skyrocketed

I've double checked all wires and it doesn't seem to be that, i redownloaded Geforce Experience and played a full game (10 mins) and it hasn't crashed. The problem is this is the fix I have been using where i uninstall geforce experience and unless i reinstall it it just keeps crashing but it only doesn't crash when I uninstall is and then reinstall it. If that makes any sense

I understand. another problem could be your power management settings.

To fix this go to:

1.Access Control Panel.
2.In the Search field enter Power Options and access the entry with the same name.
3.From your current Power Plan click on Change plan settings.
4.Next, click on Change advanced power settings.From the next window extend PCI Express And make sure that State Power Management is turned off.

Did this and it was turned off. I'm guessing by default

1 hour ago, gamagama69 said:

Have you tried reinstalling nvidia drivers? If you try it, use ddu, here https://www.wagnardsoft.com/ , to fully get rid of drivers.

i did this about an hour ago and so far it hasn't crashed so I'm assuming it worked