2 internet lines into one

TheTwist
5 hours ago, TheTwist said:

Whats the best way to join 2 internet lines as 1?

1. From what kind of ISP connections?
  2. For what purpose?

5 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Router. For example, Ubiquiti er-4

Except that's more load balancing and what OP probably want's is to make a single stream faster which isn't really possible unless the ISP is willing to bond the connections along with using some special equipment. It's not something you'll have with 2 separate ISPs

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

9 hours ago, Lurick said:

Except that's more load balancing and what OP probably want's is to make a single stream faster which isn't really possible unless the ISP is willing to bond the connections along with using some special equipment. It's not something you'll have with 2 separate ISPs

Even if that is what they are asking (as they clearly do not understand how it works, thus why they are asking), I wouldn't assume they need a single stream to be faster.

For game downloads for example, all services are multi-threaded so easily work over load balancing on two connections.  They're a bit more hit and miss with three Internet connections I've found, simply because the odds of hitting all three consistently with a purely round-robin load-balancing system gets lower, but even there often it just works.

I'm currently pulling 180Mbit (it can reach up to 220Mbit when you're lucky) off Epic Launcher across 2x61Mbit DSL and 1xLTE.  Steam, Ubisoft Connect, Playstation and Xbox works fine too.  (though the catch with my setup is online gaming can randomly go over any connection, which is not ideal when it hits LTE)

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

17 hours ago, Falcon1986 said:
  1. From what kind of ISP connections?
  2. For what purpose?

Currently have and ADSL connection 

The office I am currently in has the bog standard home like internet connection. We were thinking of getting a lease line put in, however we are only at our current office plot for another year or so until we get kicked out. So we didnt want to spend a large sum of money just for that a short time. So I have been thinking of getting a second broadband connection and bond it together with a router that has 2 WAN ports?

6 hours ago, TheTwist said:

Currently have and ADSL connection 

The office I am currently in has the bog standard home like internet connection. We were thinking of getting a lease line put in, however we are only at our current office plot for another year or so until we get kicked out. So we didnt want to spend a large sum of money just for that a short time. So I have been thinking of getting a second broadband connection and bond it together with a router that has 2 WAN ports?

Again it depends what you use it for, bonding is only necessary if you need the combined upload speed and/or single-threaded downloads.

If its just to make browsing smoother for multiple users, load-balancing works fine as each you load a web page the elements on that page will be spread across both WANs.  It doesn't balance perfectly evenly, but generally it works itself out especially if there are multiple users at the same time.

Same with uploads, with load-balancing the traffic will go over a random WAN so still be speed limited, but it means both will still get used if multiple uploads are running.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7