This can't be right. Guys listen to this!

Adamcain

You know that case I was having trouble with? The one my stand offs didn't fit? Well I got the new standoffs yesterday evening, so I thought I'd start my build today. I'm in no rush, I got the standoffs in.  They fit it's going ok, till I put my X99 in the case just to test it out, see everything's lining up right...WRONG! With the standoffs in, the motherboard isn't lining up with I\O shield. It's off like a lot. At lest a centimeter, and it looks like the only way it will line up, is to screw the motherboard down flush to that inside panel...Say what? I've been watching LTT for years, and I've never seen him do that. No build guide I've ever seen, has tried pulling that one off!  I can hear those little solder joints scrapping the inside panel. And look at the pics, The first show the 1cm gap from the right side panel to the motherboard inside panel. No.2 is the motherboard with a snug fit with no standoffs No,4 shows how the CPU backplate isn't centered on the hole in inside mounting panel. THIS CAN'T BE RGHT???  Right? So what is going on? Defective case? Wrong case? I'm doing it wrong. WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS P.O.S!

20210422_003618[1].jpg

591106295_20210422_0005071.jpg

1816779237_20210422_0007111.jpg

20210422_003603[1].jpg

No idea what this case is, but it looks cheap as hell. You can only make a case so cheap. Once you start going into sub-$70 levels, manufacturing takes a huge hit, and the most egregious aspect of that is imprecise tooling. You probably just need to chunk the case in the garbage bin where it belongs.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

Sorry about the Stupid BIG pics. Didn't realize the actual resolution on these. They look so small on my phone. Duh!

all that is normal except for the mb without standoffs, if it fits in with the standoffs without damaging it then everything is fine. if not then buy a new case. the gap at the back is for cables.

I know right. The case is a Logisys 386RB the PSU was P.O.S. too, it said 480W on the label and right below it said 335W in small print. here's a pic of it. It's a shame, I think looks Ok, nothing to right home about. I just don't like to see useful things thrown away.

This pic has been floating around the internet for over a decade and I still can't tell if it's real or not. I think we found Ebe. I'm a believer. I seen a ufo myself on Dec,4th 2020. You'll be hearing a lot about them in the mainstream media this Summer. Disclosure is finally happening. But your never know who really pulled the trigger on JFK though.

I Like your attitude Mr, Archerr, Yeah so what if it's F*ed up. So am I, and I'm National Treasure!

You think we should do a Rat Build like they do with motorcycles ? I could throw it off the balcony!  And give it to charity! 😀

-> Moved to Cases and Mods

Also several posts merged. Please use Edit button to add things you forgot. This is not chat room and multiposting can be seen as spamming.

Furthermore, you are quite new member and most don't have any idea who you are or what your previous post/issue was. So be sure to link to your previous thread if thats essential in order to make your point.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

h

1 hour ago, Dean0919 said:

I like your avatar. It's creepy, reminds me horror movies 🙂

I like how you have your Rig all specked out like that. Is there a special form where I could do that. I've got loads of parts on the way, It'll be another month or so before all my part's come in It's gonna be an epic bang for the buck build with an embarrassing amount RGBling and unsual parts