Feedback on this part list

Budget (including currency): $2000 AUD (highly flexible)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Video editing, programming as well as a PC for VR gaming.

Other details: I'll probably be using a 1080p, 144Hz monitor. I don't plan on buying all these parts immediately, I'll slowly buy them as I see them at lower prices over the next year or so

Hey all, I'm just looking for a few recommendations/thoughts on the part list I've come up with for a build I'll be putting together over the next year or so. I'm pretty lax about pricing, since I'm not going to buy all the parts at once, I'd just like to know if there are better options for any of the components here. One of my thoughts has been switching the AIO to a Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE white, or to just go with a custom water cooling solution. Not too sure on that front, but again I'm not too fussed either way. I've gone with a 750W PSU, so I can swap the GPU later down the line if I need to without needing to buy two new components, but realistically I don't plan on buying the 2070 for at least another year or so.

You'll probably notice that most of the components here are white, and yes, I'm aiming to get the part list as white as possible, which is why I'm willing to spend a bit extra on a few components just for the visual aesthetics 🙂

None of these parts (except the case I've bought) are set in concrete, so any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

No point in buying small pieces over a full year. If you end up with a part and can't test it's wellness- if its crud you may miss the return period.

Especially if you don't even plan to buy a gpu for another year, and an already generationaly dated one at that.

By the time you get the majority of these at your door you'll probably be looking at upgrading parts already.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

9 minutes ago, Slottr said:

No point in buying small pieces over a full year. If you end up with a part and can't test it's wellness- if its crud you may miss the return period.

Especially if you don't even plan to buy a gpu for another year, and an already generationaly dated one at that.

By the time you get the majority of these at your door you'll probably be looking at upgrading parts already.

I realistically have no real timeline for this, it could be done earlier (and it very likely will be), and if newer parts come out which would supercede those here, I'd gladly change the parts on the list ~ I'm just interested on the current takes for the current list 🙂 Is there anything here which you'd personally change?