Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CPU cooler recomendation for 5990x

5 minutes ago, Herkul said:

 

I can recommend the Arctic Liquid Freezer II. Chose the size that fits your case. The 280mm and the 360mm are particularly good. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Analog said:

 

I can recommend the Arctic Liquid Freezer II. Chose the size that fits your case. The 280mm and the 360mm are particularly good. 

Meshify C supports up to 360 in the front

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

Meshify C supports up to 360 in the front

True, but as someone who has this case, I'd say you probably don't want to do that. It requires dipping into the PSU shroud, and makes the inside look ugly, as you'll be able to see the cables in the bottom. You can get by with a 280.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

True, but as someone who has this case, I'd say you probably don't want to do that. It requires dipping into the PSU shroud, and makes the inside look ugly, as you'll be able to see the cables in the bottom. You can get by with a 280.

 

Will 280 be sufficient?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would recommend Thermalright Frost Commander 140.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, freeagent said:

I would recommend Thermalright Frost Commander 140.

Unless I'm mistaken, you can't even buy that yet. It's just been announced. Also no info I could find on pricing. Unless it significantly undercuts the Noctua NH-D15, I'd sooner go with known quality, especially since you can buy that today.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

Unless I'm mistaken, you can't even buy that yet. It's just been announced. Also no info I could find on pricing. Unless it significantly undercuts the Noctua NH-D15, I'd sooner go with a known brand, especially since you can buy that today.

You can buy it today from Aliexpress, that's where I got mine. Thermalright was around before Noctua was, and the first time I saw a Noctua review it was like looking at a Thermalright cooler with different bends lol. They all copy each other. Noctua doesn't deserve to be on the pedestal they have been put on.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Newegg

×