Minecraft Server on GPU?

I am running a minecraft server and I am wondering if there is any way of using the GPUs power to run the server from.

Nope

And this is why programming and CPUs suck.

Nope

Thanks, I guess I need a better processor and more RAM

What are you running the server on? 

What CPU do you have and how much RAM?

CPU: Intel i7 4790k MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z97x-UD3H RAM: 2x4gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti SC w/ ACX SSD: Samsung 820 128gb HDD: Seagate 1TB PSU: Cooler Master eXtreme 800w Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout

An AMD Athlon 7750 with 4GB, and 64-bit Windows 7

EDIT: It is a FTB Monster Server, with 197 mods

An AMD Athlon 7750 with 4GB, and 64-bit Windows 7

EDIT: It is a FTB Monster Server, with 197 mods

Gonna need an upgrade. With all that extra stuff installed it'll chew up ram.

How many people will it be supporting?

2600k@4.5GHz ~ H100 ~ Asus P8Z68V-pro gen3 ~ Kingston HyperX 16GB 1600 ~ Sapphire VaporX 7950 ~ Gigabyte DCU 5770 ~ Kingston 128GB HyperX ~ WD black 2TBx2 ~ WD red 4TB ~ Hauppauge HVR2200 ~ Asus BR drive ~ RAT7 ~ Unicomp model-M

Gonna need an upgrade. With all that extra stuff installed it'll chew up ram.

How many people will it be supporting?

5 people all in local network

5 people all in local network

Should be plenty for what you are planning.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

Should be plenty for what you are planning.

It keeps getting a message saying "can't keep up did the system time change"

What has high usage? Look in resource manager

2600k@4.5GHz ~ H100 ~ Asus P8Z68V-pro gen3 ~ Kingston HyperX 16GB 1600 ~ Sapphire VaporX 7950 ~ Gigabyte DCU 5770 ~ Kingston 128GB HyperX ~ WD black 2TBx2 ~ WD red 4TB ~ Hauppauge HVR2200 ~ Asus BR drive ~ RAT7 ~ Unicomp model-M

Well I may have been wrong, you are putting to much stress on the CPU and the server is telling you there is not enough resources, limit your self as to what else you have running while you run the server

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

What has high usage? Look in resource manager

The computer is sitting between 70-90% CPU load with 2.95GB with one player on the server

Well I may have been wrong, you are putting to much stress on the CPU and the server is telling you there is not enough resources, limit your self as to what else you have running while you run the server

The minecraft server is the only thing running, it has 3GB of RAM allocated to it to allows windows 1GB

The computer is sitting between 70-90% CPU load with 2.95GB with one player on the server

The minecraft server is the only thing running, it has 3GB of RAM allocated to it to allows windows 1GB

What were you doing when it gave that error? I've got that message before when absolutely hammering on it like when I accidentally set off 15000 TNT (which screwed it up and I had to MCedit it out cause the server would keep crashing) and while force generating world

Were you doing anything intensive on it?

There is an ME system, item ducts and a quarry, with lots more, but those are the laggy things

There is an ME system, item ducts and a quarry, with lots more, but those are the laggy things

And the cpu just sits at high usage the whole time? Even if it's empty? I'm assuming the one person you had on was yourself on the same computer?

And the cpu just sits at high usage the whole time? Even if it's empty? I'm assuming the one person you had on was yourself on the same computer?

Yes the CPU is like that when no one is on the server, I think it is because the mods run in the background when no one is on

and Yes I am the one on it but not on the same PC

Yes the CPU is like that when no one is on the server, I think it is because the mods run in the background when no one is on

and Yes I am the one on it but not on the same PC

Can you run it on your other PC? That 3570k and extra ram would do far better.

Or is that impractical?

Can you run it on your other PC? That 3570k and extra ram would do far better.

Or is that impractical?

I would but that is the PC I am using and I don't keep it on all the time, the current one is dedicated to being on all the time and just for the server

I would but that is the PC I am using and I don't keep it on all the time, the current one is dedicated to being on all the time and just for the server

Ahh yeah fair enough. Depending on how you normally use your PC it could handle both at once, but if you want the server up 24/7 then that doesn't really matter anyway.

Can you afford to pay for hosting?

Ahh yeah fair enough. Depending on how you normally use your PC it could handle both at once, but if you want the server up 24/7 then that doesn't really matter anyway.

Can you afford to pay for hosting?

I would rather own the computer, but thanks for the suggestion, I may just have to wait and at some point upgrade my personal PC to a 4th gen Intel and make my old one the server

On my server I use linux and allocate 1.5GB of RAM and it runs great for 3 people.  (FTB Mindcrack pack)

I use a Athlon x2 and 2gb of RAM

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

On my server I use linux and allocate 1.5GB of RAM and it runs great for 3 people.  (FTB Mindcrack pack)

I use a Athlon x2 and 2gb of RAM

Would using linux make a difference?