Minecraft Server on GPU?

I would rather own the computer, but thanks for the suggestion, I may just have to wait and at some point upgrade my personal PC to a 4th gen Intel and make my old one the server

Any particular reason why you want to own it? It is far better value to just rent one, and it's not like it is storing personal data or anything, it's just a game server.

Also if it is just for a few friends and you all live in the UK so there isn't a time zone problem then you could just have it running whenever someone wants to go on? Just some ideas

2600k@4.5GHz ~ H100 ~ Asus P8Z68V-pro gen3 ~ Kingston HyperX 16GB 1600 ~ Sapphire VaporX 7950 ~ Gigabyte DCU 5770 ~ Kingston 128GB HyperX ~ WD black 2TBx2 ~ WD red 4TB ~ Hauppauge HVR2200 ~ Asus BR drive ~ RAT7 ~ Unicomp model-M

Would using linux make a difference?

You could allocate more ram because linux uses less. 

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

Any particular reason why you want to own it? It is far better value to just rent one, and it's not like it is storing personal data or anything, it's just a game server.

Also if it is just for a few friends and you all live in the UK so there isn't a time zone problem then you could just have it running whenever someone wants to go on? Just some ideas

Ok, what FTB server hosting places are there

You could allocate more ram because linux uses less. 

I might try dual booting to test that

The best way would be to get a VPS, then you could install whatever you want on it.

Maybe OVH, but you should have a look for other UK VPS hosts

2600k@4.5GHz ~ H100 ~ Asus P8Z68V-pro gen3 ~ Kingston HyperX 16GB 1600 ~ Sapphire VaporX 7950 ~ Gigabyte DCU 5770 ~ Kingston 128GB HyperX ~ WD black 2TBx2 ~ WD red 4TB ~ Hauppauge HVR2200 ~ Asus BR drive ~ RAT7 ~ Unicomp model-M

i have an extra server that i can setup for you and your friends and the linus community for free it s hosted by a company with 1 gbps INTERNET down and up  and runed on SSD'S

• 6 years later...
On 3/28/2014 at 11:33 PM, DoubleY said:

Nope

i Whished it Was Doable. there is a Way to Use the VRAM As volitile storage though.