PC not turning on

ChickenLittle1917

So a couple days ago while I was playing a game on my PC, and it just shut off randomly and when I would do a reset it would turn on for a split second then off again. I tested the power supply and it was shot so I just replaced it and I having the same issue it's just this time the keyboard lights up and stays lit up. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

Other specs are

CPU - Ryzen 5 3600

GPU - RTX 3070

Motherboard - MSI B450 Gaming plus max

RAM - G.Skill Aegis (2x8) 3000 DDR4

Old PSU - EVGA 600w 80+ bronze 

NEW PSU - EVGA 850w 80+ gold 

and a few different types of storage. 

Edited by ChickenLittle1917

Welcome to the forums!!!

Do you have a full list of specs, include the make and model of your power supply??

Be sure to include the old one that blew up and your new one. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

2 minutes ago, ChickenLittle1917 said:

So a couple days ago while I was playing a game on my PC, and it just shut off randomly and when I would do a reset it would turn on for a split second then off again. I tested the power supply and it was shot so I just replaced it and I having the same issue it's just this time the keyboard lights up and stays lit up. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

Would be helpful to know what are the specs of this PC. Also what was the power supply you put in it after the original gave out?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

It could be maybe the GPU is not posting, try replacing it with a old backup like a gt 710 or gt 1030.

Power supplys can take other things out when they go out.

possible it decided to fry some components with it.

(You also could have gotten a new DOA unit)

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

Is there any power going to other components, like lights or fans internally not just the keyboard? If the answer is no,  it would most likely be a motherboard, ram, or CPU issue. Likely the board was fried as well when the PSU quit. A spec list of your full computer would be greatly appreciated. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

10 hours ago, Analog said:

Would be helpful to know what are the specs of this PC. Also what was the power supply you put in it after the original gave out?

My old power supply was an EVGA 600w 80+ bronze, the new one is an EVGA 850w 80+ gold

Other specs are

CPU - Ryzen 5 3600

GPU - RTX 3070

10 hours ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Is there any power going to other components, like lights or fans internally not just the keyboard? If the answer is no,  it would most likely be a motherboard, ram, or CPU issue. Likely the board was fried as well when the PSU quit. A spec list of your full computer would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank You! I was thinking it might be the motherboard but I wasnt sure 

Specs are

CPU - Ryzen 5 3600

GPU - RTX 3070

Old PSU - EVGA 600W 80+ bronze 

New PSU - EVGA 850W 80+ gold

10 hours ago, SignatureSigner said:

Power supplys can take other things out when they go out.

possible it decided to fry some components with it.

(You also could have gotten a new DOA unit)

Thanks for your reply!

Im starting to think it took the motherboard with it, I contacted EVGA and told them the situation hopefully they can replace the motherboard if it is the case. 

9 hours ago, AndrewTheFrenchMan said:

Yeah it looks like the poor little 600W PSU could not handle the 3070... Rip

It handled it fine for about 6 months or how ever long the 3070 has been out. So I don't know why it would chose now to give up.