i want to see if i can Bild my one laptop.

Go to solution Solved by Ezel,
1 minute ago, bitpoke said:

so is there no easy way to make one?

Not in the way you're suggesting, there are some companies that do offer barebone laptops like @Mling mentioned before, these would be things like Clevo laptops where can you can choose what hardware you want in your laptop, usually paired with easy upgradability but you're still technically buying a full laptop.

If you really do want to build a laptop you could build a laptop from a Raspberry Pi, there are some cases for these, but you'd be limited  by the ARM chip in them so running any x86 programs off it is gonna be a no-go, also expect to be running linux on it, although I think I saw a recent project where they made the ARM version of Windows 10 work on it.

i want to see if i can Bild my one laptop. can someone give me some resource to use.

what is bilid?

Do you mean De-lid?

If yes then most laptops are only bare die. 

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

You want to build your own laptop?

About me [ Linux Engineer | Community Admin | Automation Fanatic | Digital Media Hoarder | All-Round Tech Lover ]

PC [ Custom | 5800X | RTX 3080 | 32GB | 2x 1TB NVMe | 5120 x 1440 @ 120 | Win10 Pro ]
Laptop [ HP Elitebook 1040 G4 | i7-7500U | 16GB | 512GB NVMe | 1080p @ 120 | ElementaryOS ]
Server [ HP Microserver G8 | Xeon E3-1265L | Quadro P1000 | 16GB ECC | 2x 3TB + 2x 8TB HDD | UNRAID ]

4 minutes ago, Ezel said:

You want to build your own laptop?

yes,

i do

There aren't really any standard cases or motherboards for this, you could try to build one from desktop PC parts (or 2nd hand laptop parts? but why not just get the full laptop at that point?) in a laptop form factor, but it's gonna be pretty hard to keep the thing slim or looking somewhat decent.

What are you trying to achieve  building your own anyway? Is it just for the experience? Or are you not happy with the laptops available?

About me [ Linux Engineer | Community Admin | Automation Fanatic | Digital Media Hoarder | All-Round Tech Lover ]

PC [ Custom | 5800X | RTX 3080 | 32GB | 2x 1TB NVMe | 5120 x 1440 @ 120 | Win10 Pro ]
Laptop [ HP Elitebook 1040 G4 | i7-7500U | 16GB | 512GB NVMe | 1080p @ 120 | ElementaryOS ]
Server [ HP Microserver G8 | Xeon E3-1265L | Quadro P1000 | 16GB ECC | 2x 3TB + 2x 8TB HDD | UNRAID ]

search for "barebone laptop" and "intel nuc laptop". I don't know if the nuc laptop is available yet but the desktop models could be used as a portable machine. They have a form factor that can take a dGPU and another that comes with a 2060.

2 minutes ago, Mling said:

intel is bringing one to market. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/details/nuc/laptop-kits.html

Some of them have gaming GPUs!

As far as I can tell from the webpages and images it's still pretty much a fully assembled laptop, basically the same as getting a Clevo. Not sure to what degree that counts as "building a laptop".

27 minutes ago, Ezel said:

There aren't really any standard cases or motherboards for this, you could try to build one from desktop PC parts (or 2nd hand laptop parts? but why not just get the full laptop at that point?) in a laptop form factor, but it's gonna be pretty hard to keep the thing slim or looking somewhat decent.

What are you trying to achieve  building your own anyway? Is it just for the experience? Or are you not happy with the laptops available?

both i was thinking of making a am4 motherboard for athlon and case as heat sink.

2 minutes ago, Ezel said:

As far as I can tell from the webpages and images it's still pretty much a fully assembled laptop, basically the same as getting a Clevo. Not sure to what degree that counts as "building a laptop".

If you look at the desktop nuc lineup there are other manufacturers using intel's form factor and bringing their own designs to the market. If the NUC standard takes off we could be able to get fully upgradable laptops and all the environmental & cost benefits that come with it.

1 minute ago, Mling said:

If you look at the desktop nuc lineup there are other manufacturers using intel's form factor and bringing their own designs to the market. If the NUC standard takes off we could be able to get fully upgradable laptops and all the environmental & cost benefits that come with it.

Sure, that would be really cool, but I doubt it'll help with building a laptop right now.

6 minutes ago, bitpoke said:

both i was thinking of making a am4 motherboard for athlon and case as heat sink.

Are you implying you're gonna create your own AM4 motherboard?

If anything your best bet would be to buy an as slim as possible AM4 motherboard with a slim cooler and fabricate / 3D print a case for it, it'll probably still end up pretty bulky tho... I am no expert in fabricating laptop cases nor do I know how much heat they can transfer out so I wouldn't know if you could cool a desktop level athlon with one.

Just now, Ezel said:

Are you implying you're gonna create your own AM4 motherboard?

If anything your best bet would be to buy an as slim as possible AM4 motherboard with a slim cooler and fabricate / 3D print a case for it, it'll probably still end up pretty bulky tho... I am no expert in fabricating laptop cases nor do I know how much heat they can transfer out so I wouldn't know if you could cool a desktop level athlon with one.

1 minute ago, bitpoke said:

Not in the way you're suggesting, there are some companies that do offer barebone laptops like @Mling mentioned before, these would be things like Clevo laptops where can you can choose what hardware you want in your laptop, usually paired with easy upgradability but you're still technically buying a full laptop.

If you really do want to build a laptop you could build a laptop from a Raspberry Pi, there are some cases for these, but you'd be limited  by the ARM chip in them so running any x86 programs off it is gonna be a no-go, also expect to be running linux on it, although I think I saw a recent project where they made the ARM version of Windows 10 work on it.

13 hours ago, Ezel said:

thanks