Accidentally enabled MAC filtering with 0 devices

HeyCrest

Hi. I enabled MAC filtering in my router with 0 MAC addresses added. Dumbest thing. I know. But now I cannot access my 192.168.1.1 admin panel, EVEN WITH a LAN cable. I really cannot reset the router as my ISP has done several configurations including user ID and password that I do not have. My ISP won't be showing up until Monday. Is there any way I can get into my admin panel and disable it?? Any help will be appreciated!

1 minute ago, HeyCrest said:

Is there any way I can get into my admin panel and disable it??

MAC-filtering would be a pretty useless feature, if one could just bypass it. You'll have to reset the router or wait until Monday.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

MAC filtering for hardwired devices do exist but I have to say I've never seen the feature on consumer home units. It's only ever for wireless clients.

My immediate answer would have been just reset the router but there is one thing you can try.

IF you know the MAC address assigned to the device you configured in the router you can spoof that MAC on one of your wired clients. This might/maybe let you back in enough to remove the filter.

2 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

MAC filtering for hardwired devices do exist but I have to say I've never seen the feature on consumer home units. It's only ever for wireless clients.

My immediate answer would have been just reset the router but there is one thing you can try.

IF you know the MAC address assigned to the device you configured in the router you can spoof that MAC on one of your wired clients. This might/maybe let you back in enough to remove the filter.

That's the issue, there is no device configured in the router to be whitelisted. My router has MAC filtering enabled, with 0 addresses whitelisted.

5 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

MAC-filtering would be a pretty useless feature, if one could just bypass it. You'll have to reset the router or wait until Monday.

I know, but I was hoping there would be something I could do physically to the router (similar to connecting via LAN, but not reset) that would allow me access to the admin panel.

2 minutes ago, HeyCrest said:

That's the issue, there is no device configured in the router to be whitelisted. My router has MAC filtering enabled, with 0 addresses whitelisted.

I'm an idiot. I read that and immediately forgot it while replying. :old-tongue:

2 minutes ago, HeyCrest said:

I know, but I was hoping there would be something I could do physically to the router (similar to connecting via LAN, but not reset) that would allow me access to the admin panel.

Normally you can, normally consumer units don't MAC filter on the LAN ports just the Wi-Fi but you must have something special or commercial there.