PC crashing; bluescreening, just freezing and cutting video signal. HELP

So over the past few weeks/months my PC seems to have been crashing more often than it used to, however nothing so bad I did anything other than update drivers. Many of these crashes have been just freezing and not responding. The only thing I could do was hold the power button. Today, however, my PC froze once, and than twice over crashed in a way I have never seen before. The video signal was lost(screen went instantly black), the fans spun up to full speed, and even holding the power button did nothing whatsoever. I ended up just turning off my power supply. I'm starting to get worried, so I decided not to turn on my PC again before I've heard if anyone has seen this behavior before.

The crashes seem to happen at random times; sometimes when running heavy games, light games, or just browsing. I have however been mining with the nicehash quickminer for maybe 2-3 weeks now. I mine 24/7 except for when gaming. I have a 2080 and a ryzen 7 2700x, in a P400s with the stock front panel with no airflow. I also only use the 2 stock fans for case cooling(replacements delayed by COVID 😕), so I suspect thermals and airflow are not great, however I'm not completely sure. Both of the mysterious "blackscreen" crashes happened after I started playing Liftoff(drone-sim), the most recent game I got. Also, the last of the "blackscreens" was while I was using bluestacks, which I just downloaded. I can't think of any hardware additions that happened within this timeframe.

I have no idea why this would be happening, and I'm becoming worried for my PC. Any help is greatly appreciated!

3 minutes ago, MrPotatoFace said:

So over the past few weeks/months my PC seems to have been crashing more often than it used to, however nothing so bad I did anything other than update drivers. Many of these crashes have been just freezing and not responding. The only thing I could do was hold the power button. Today, however, my PC froze once, and than twice over crashed in a way I have never seen before. The video signal was lost(screen went instantly black), the fans spun up to full speed, and even holding the power button did nothing whatsoever. I ended up just turning off my power supply. I'm starting to get worried, so I decided not to turn on my PC again before I've heard if anyone has seen this behavior before.

The crashes seem to happen at random times; sometimes when running heavy games, light games, or just browsing. I have however been mining with the nicehash quickminer for maybe 2-3 weeks now. I mine 24/7 except for when gaming. I have a 2080 and a ryzen 7 2700x, in a P400s with the stock front panel with no airflow. I also only use the 2 stock fans for case cooling(replacements delayed by COVID 😕), so I suspect thermals and airflow are not great, however I'm not completely sure. Both of the mysterious "blackscreen" crashes happened after I started playing Liftoff(drone-sim), the most recent game I got. I can't think of any hardware additions that happened within this timeframe.

I have no idea why this would be happening, and I'm becoming worried for my PC. Any help is greatly appreciated!

have you checked the termals of the components in your system ?

Might be due for a thermal paste change and maybe more airflow in your system

3 minutes ago, Haraikomono said:

Do people usually reapply thermal paste? and only CPU? cause I really don't want to open my GPU. (I will launch and run 3Dmark while looking at temps)

16 minutes ago, Haraikomono said:

3DMARK timespy: score: 10337 grphics score: 10734 CPU score: 8550

CPU temps hovered around 50-55C in the first part of the test, before rising going between 50-70 degrees and maxing at 83 during CPU test. GPU was 55-76C the whole time, generally rising.