Koxicain
Go to solution Solved by Koxicain,

Hey guys, 
Rig: 
Ryzen 2700x
RTX 2060
32 Gigs 3200mhz 
Samsung Evo 960 m.2 SSD.

The game is scaled from 1080p to 1440p on a 1080p monitor. This hasnt affected the FPS at all.  

Im playing an old game called Dark age of Camelot, and ive noticed now with Nvidias overlay for Performance that when im tabbed into the game render delay increases to 20-30 MS and clockspeeds are swinging around 1700mhz. 
I have enabled Maximum Performance in Nvidias power settings. 

Now when i tab out of the game fps increases by alot and render time decreases down to around 3ms clockspeeds are stable at 1965 constantly. 
Is there any way to have this permanently ? i think its strange having the game in the background gives better performance than in foreground. 

**First screenshot is Ingame Second is with Discord in focus (Alt-Tabbed) Note game is still running and not standing still.

IngameFps.png

TabbedOutFps.png

Hey guys, 
Rig: 
Ryzen 2700x
RTX 2060
32 Gigs 3200mhz 
Samsung Evo 960 m.2 SSD.

The game is scaled from 1080p to 1440p on a 1080p monitor. This hasnt affected the FPS at all.  

Im playing an old game called Dark age of Camelot, and ive noticed now with Nvidias overlay for Performance that when im tabbed into the game render delay increases to 20-30 MS and clockspeeds are swinging around 1700mhz. 
I have enabled Maximum Performance in Nvidias power settings. 

Now when i tab out of the game fps increases by alot and render time decreases down to around 3ms clockspeeds are stable at 1965 constantly. 
Is there any way to have this permanently ? i think its strange having the game in the background gives better performance than in foreground. 

**First screenshot is Ingame Second is with Discord in focus (Alt-Tabbed) Note game is still running and not standing still.

IngameFps.png

TabbedOutFps.png

PC Specs

Ryzen 7 - 2700x - 4.2 Ghz 

MSI MPG X570s Carbon Max Wifi 

Thermaltake Water 3.0 360mm ARGB Sync TT Premium

G.Skillz Trident Z 3200mhz CL16

Gigabyte RTX 2060 Aorus Xtreme

Samsung Evo 970 - 256 GB

OCZ Agility - 256 GB

Western Digital - 1 TB

Corsair RM750x - 750W Gold