Best airflow

Astronaut eBird

Hi, im planning to buy a computer with a 360mm Deepcool aio and a p500a case. Im wondering where i should put the radiator and the fans. Any ideas? 

Put it in the front of the case, and put the fans in front of the rad so you can see your pretty RGBs.

I'm an IT System Admin with 15+ years worth of XP, plus I've been tinkering computers since I was old enough to hold a screwdriver, so I usually know what I'm talking about.

linus did a video comparing front intake push vs pull

minimal difference in performance, but pull was easier to clean.

But that said, the fans will only be visible inside the case. 

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

On 4/15/2021 at 9:54 AM, Mister Woof said:

linus did a video comparing front intake push vs pull

minimal difference in performance, but pull was easier to clean.

But that said, the fans will only be visible inside the case. 

its push pull > pull> push maybe a degree from each other. and ya pull looked cleaner but people like to show of there rgb so if its in the front it probably going to be push and if its at the top its probably going to be push. at the bottom it will most likely be pull

adding an shroud could posably get another degree and make he fans quieter as there not right up agents the rad. but its not worth buying the shrouds if there like $12-$15 each. i got these off ebay for $2.50 each and can push 4x 5mm leds in it. so i had them laying around so why not and also you need to buy longer screws and a psabliaty to having hem too long an puncher your rad...

20170918_211056.jpg

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

4 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

its push pull > pull> push maybe a degree from each other. and ya pull looked cleaner but people like to show of there rgb so if its in the front it probably going to be push and if its at the top its probably going to be push.

I had to make that decision, and because push/pull doesn't really fit in my situation (GPU kinda long, PSU shroud won't let me fit third pull fan on bottom) I just went with pull only intake on a front mount 360 for cleaning and also so the insides of my glass panel looked nice. Works fine, GPU tempts not really affected significantly. Maybe 2-3c more. CPU temps are great, though.

PXL_20210416_171005469.thumb.jpg.07c5133fe2daac00d3b1e32c856e7e77.jpg

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

3 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

I had to make that decision, and because push/pull doesn't really fit in my situation (GPU kinda long, PSU shroud won't let me fit third pull fan on bottom) I just went with pull only intake on a front mount 360 for cleaning and also so the insides of my glass panel looked nice. Works fine, GPU tempts not really affected significantly. Maybe 2-3c more. CPU temps are great, though.

PXL_20210416_171005469.thumb.jpg.07c5133fe2daac00d3b1e32c856e7e77.jpg

ya its not a big deal most of the time you do what you can.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

4 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

its push pull > pull> push maybe a degree from each other. and ya pull looked cleaner but people like to show of there rgb so if its in the front it probably going to be push and if its at the top its probably going to be push. at the bottom it will most likely be pull

adding an shroud could posably get another degree and make he fans quieter as there not right up agents the rad. but its not worth buying the shrouds if there like $12-$15 each. i got these off ebay for $2.50 each and can push 4x 5mm leds in it. so i had them laying around so why not and also you need to buy longer screws and a psabliaty to having hem too long an puncher your rad...

20170918_211056.jpg

Push is often 1c better than pull. Do you actually get any temps improvements from that interesting "2xfan monster" there? 😛 

4 minutes ago, NorKris said:

Push is often 1c better than pull. Do you actually get any temps improvements from that interesting "2xfan monster" there? 😛 

probably depends on fan and rad i guess. i think it dose if not in theory it should be quite. there was an website called Skinnee Labs that testes stuff like this but its gone...

Edited by thrasher_565

1 minute ago, thrasher_565 said:

i think it dose if not in theory it should be quite. there was an website called skinny labs that testes stuff like this but its gone...

just to be clear  you talking about 2x stacking or  pull vs push  now /there 😛 

1 minute ago, NorKris said:

just to be clear  you talking about 2x stacking or  pull vs push  now /there 😛 

both he did alot of testing in water cooling and air cooling i think but i rember the water cooling. my dad use to read on the forms i guess and would point things out as i built my loop.

2 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

both he did alot of testing in water cooling and air cooling i think but i rember the water cooling. my dad use to read on the forms i guess and would point things out as i built my loop.

ah, the push vs pull is tested quite abit  but 2x stacking fans i have never seen before, thats interesting. might be best with same type of fan. 

3 minutes ago, NorKris said:

ah, the push vs pull is tested quite abit  but 2x stacking fans i have never seen before, thats interesting. might be best with same type of fan. 

its not 2 fans its 1 fan and a shroud.

i have seen a delta fan with 2 fan blades the spin  opposite of each other thow

severs stack fans

Edited by thrasher_565

its not 2 fans its 1 fan and a shroud.

severs stack fans

ohh... uuhm  why a shroud? 

9 minutes ago, NorKris said:

ohh... uuhm  why a shroud? 

the theory was to increase the static pressure and to get rid of dead spots. weather it was true or not i dont no. but having your fan agest the rad is the same as the fan agest an grill it going to restrict flow so it will be louder. thats why its good to have an inch of space from the fan and w/e its point in to or in taking from.

there also the fan boots box since now with 3d printers can be made easy as well

ed1dba6b4dcd08ab07c3d01d1572f68d.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/darkFlash-120mm-Dual-Blade-GREEN-LED-Computer-CPU-Cooler-Case-Fan-Cooling-Quite-/192807997432

Edited by thrasher_565

4 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

the theory was to increase the static pressure and to get rid of dead spots. weather it was true or not i dont no. but having your fan agest the rad is the same as the fan agest an grill it going to restrict flow so it will be louder. thats why its good to have an inch of space from the fan and w/e its point in to or in taking from.

hmm maybe i will test that once 

9 minutes ago, NorKris said:

hmm maybe i will test that once 

ya its more for the extremist. a faster louder fan would proforma way better. but people just want the best of the best at said dbs no mater the cost i guess.

i think people use to boost there 12v d5 pumps to 24v to get more performance out of it at a hit of lower life time.

oh all that for .7v? that dont seem right?

https://www.amazon.ca/Koolance-CTR-SPD12X2-Dual-Pump-Controller/dp/B004Y4ZKQM

Edited by thrasher_565

6 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

ya its more for the extremist. a faster louder fan would proforma way better. but people just want the best of the best at said dbs no mater the cost i guess.

i think people use to boost there 12v d5 pumps to 24v to get more performance out of it at a hit of lower life time.

my feeling is that your much better of getting push pull arctic fans  for best temps  

my feeling is that your much better of getting push pull arctic fans  for best temps  

for the price probably ya. its the same debate of yate loon vs gentle typhoons fans. $4 fan vs $25 fan

my dad picked up 12x gelid silent 12 pwm fans for $4 each off ncix and pwm was new at the time and we used thow for are rads. ya dad was still using them lintel he build an new pc. alsome fans.  no idea why they were $4 each...

Edited by thrasher_565

3 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

for the price probably ya. its the same debate of yate loon vs gentle typhoons fans. $4 fan vs $25 fan

yate loon? isnt that some cheap thrash?

Just now, NorKris said:

yate loon? isnt that some cheap thrash?

ya but cost per performance it was good.

Just now, thrasher_565 said:

ya but cost per performance it was good.

aha but arctic P12 is the second best fan for rads only beaten by 12x25. and its 8 or 9usd 

Just now, NorKris said:

aha but arctic P12 is the second best fan for rads only beaten by 12x25. and its 8 or 9usd 

yep

my go to fan is this

Just now, thrasher_565 said:

yep

my go to fan is this

the old king 😛  3rd now or something 

the old king 😛  3rd now or something 

i dont no its hard to say all the you tubes test there stuff all different ways. and they all seek diffrnt use cases like one will be low db other be hi cf at low rpm and so on. one be good at static presher. all depends. also depends on rad and how think it is too.

Edited by thrasher_565

i dont no its hard to say all the you tubes test there stuff all different ways. and they all seek diffrnt use cases like one will be low db other be hi cf at low rpm and so on. one be good at static presher. all depends.

you know arctic has 2 fans with ur favorite word in them now?

rgb 😛