10/13mm tubes on 13/16mm barbs?

I just picked up an old aquatuning aqualis reservoir for my wardrobe project. It came with fittings that would be perfectly serviceable - only they're designed for 13/16mm tubing, whereas the rest of my system is setup for 10/13mm.

I tried hitting some 10/13mm tubing with a hairdryer, and I was able to work it onto the 13/16mm barbs; however, I'm wondering whether this is a good idea. On one side, the tubes we be on SUPER tight. OTOH, the collars wouldn't be able press into tubes to fix them in place, and I'd rather not have a garden hose spraying in my rig. I guess I could maybe use a zip tie?

BTW, it's a g1/4 system, so buying 10/13mm fittings wouldn't be the end of the world.

What do you guys think?

IMG_20210415_130631.jpg

Spoiler

PSU: Cooler Master V1200 Platinum / MB: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming / CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x / RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB (2x16GB) / GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 Gaming OC 24GB / OS: Windows 11 / Screen: Samsung CRG9 (5120 x 1440) / Case: DIY Bench built custom into a a cabinet / Case Fans: 4x BeQuiet Magicool 140mm Pure Wings / Rad: Magicool 180 Triple / Pump: Aquastream XT / Res: Aquacomputer aqualis PRO 450ml / CPU Block: EK Supremacy Clear Acetal / GPU Blocks: Bykski N-GV1080TIG1-X with VRAM Cooling via B-3090TC-X Water Block

I would go the safe way and buy the correct fittings. Rather not have water damage in my system...

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

I've zip tied larger barbs onto smaller tubing before. It was pretty resilient ZMT and went 14 months w/o issues until the setup was phased out.

That said, if you can buy the correct fittings and it makes sense financially vs. what you stand to lose, then just buy new fittings.

1 hour ago, Den-Fi said:

I've zip tied larger barbs onto smaller tubing before. It was pretty resilient ZMT and went 14 months w/o issues until the setup was phased out.

That said, if you can buy the correct fittings and it makes sense financially vs. what you stand to lose, then just buy new fittings.

Thanks for both of your inputs, guys.

I think I'll "stuff 'n zip" as a temporary solution, just to get the system up and going. I mean to order some parts from Aliexpress anyway, so we aren't talking about having to use it for that way for  ... umm ... any more than it takes Aliexperss stuff to arrive ... 

Spoiler

PSU: Cooler Master V1200 Platinum / MB: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming / CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x / RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB (2x16GB) / GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 Gaming OC 24GB / OS: Windows 11 / Screen: Samsung CRG9 (5120 x 1440) / Case: DIY Bench built custom into a a cabinet / Case Fans: 4x BeQuiet Magicool 140mm Pure Wings / Rad: Magicool 180 Triple / Pump: Aquastream XT / Res: Aquacomputer aqualis PRO 450ml / CPU Block: EK Supremacy Clear Acetal / GPU Blocks: Bykski N-GV1080TIG1-X with VRAM Cooling via B-3090TC-X Water Block