Lonely PC Gamers

mr-nipples

Okay so I used to be a console gamer (xbox) and I played with all my friends but now that I'm on pc, although it's more immersive, I have noticed people don't really play together, is it just me or is this the case?

I moved to PC gaming when I lost all my friends from Xbox for one reason or another... ha.

pick a game and play the shit out of it, you'll eventually find a server community you like or find/form a group to play with

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

you have to find people who have the same time schedule like you...it's not that easy when you start working :D

but once you find some nice people they never go away...i still hang out with the same guys i started wow raiding 8 years ago(stoped playing like 5 years ago). Hang out on a TS server talk an play

I luckily had a friend who built a PC at the same time I did and I play a lot with him. But I did also meet some friends on Xbox when I had it, and I play with him and through him I've met lots of people. It's not hard to make friends online, especially if you're good at the game that you're playing.

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

Its quite the opposite! Just google pc gaming clan/community and youll find a ton of communities. I started one about 4 years ago and we got pretty big but we decided to downsize and now we are a small group of about 15 people and we play daily chilling in ts3, sharing stuff online and playing tons of games. So i guess my point is they are out there just take your time and look for a group that is right for you.

ive started on console and we were about 10-15 strong, and me and my friend the one i started it all with moved to PC, now that we have its only us 2 and a couple good guys we've met online playing LOL

i really enjoy the community we've been emersed into but it was always fun with those 10-15 people we used to play with, some people just move on to a different group and i see exactly where thats coming from, the Lonely aspect, but its just when your primative to PC that you dont have anyone playing with YET, its when you play that game constantly and see people repetatively you want to game with and end up excelling with them.

I'm kind of a lone wolf , but find a good server/community and keep playing always on their server , eventually u will find people that u can play with !

There are defo a lot of people who would love to play in groups and it isn't too hard to find them. I have hundreds of people on Steam that I have met from CS for example. I guess it might also depend on what game you play.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

I don't have any IRL friends who play with PC. My brother plays, so we can talk about it. I began competive gaming 2005 and after that I've had company almost at any game. Even thought it's been so long I now have ppl I've met offline also. There's some games which are easier for new players find good company. Like TF2. I've found couple good UK servers with nice players.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Ive some friends that plays on PC, but i think that the most important thing is to find a community that plays that game, you will always find a bunch of people, having fun, playing any game, talking over skype or teamviewer or similar. You just have to find that people, and that might not be the easiest thing in the world, but google is your friend!! haha

Mobo: Asus Maximus Impact VI Processor: Intel 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.22Vlts Memory: 2x8 GB DDR3 1866Mhz GSkill Sniper

VGA: Sapphire HD 7970 3GB OC Audio: Asus Impact Supreme FX SSD: Mushkin Chronos 120GB HDD: WD Black 500GB

Power Supply: Coolermaster V650 Semi Modular Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i

I quite often play games with people I've met on IRC, its much more fun than playing with people you know IRL!

maybe there should be a "lonely hearts" section of the forum where people post looking for players in a certain game...fun idea

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

sounds like hupit to me - only for pc!

very similar to HUPIT yes :) . I used that service when i was a console gamer but since it was created by Woody and mostly supported by the console cod community its harder to find people if you just a PC guy. 

I was thinking of a section "almost like the craigslist personal  adds"  where you have a title and once you click on it a short paragraph about what your looking for. 

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

very similar to HUPIT yes :) . I used that service when i was a console gamer but since it was created by Woody and mostly supported by the console cod community its harder to find people if you just a PC guy. 

I was thinking of a section "almost like the craigslist personal  adds"  where you have a title and once you click on it a short paragraph about what your looking for. 

you're*

With consoles I think It definitely depends on the game you are playing.

For instance on call of duty the percentage of people you could get along with was very low and it can be very hostile whereas a game like Rainbow six Vegas 2 terrorist hunt seemed so chill.

I think the idea of having a place where you could just post what you want to play and your time availability is interesting and could be very good for those who have made the transition from consoles like myself.

Ever since I made the jump to PC almost two years ago I have played alone. That's not to say I've never talked to my console friends since, some of them are even planning to build PCs  :D. But like others have said, find a server or community that you identify well with and you'll make friends. 

I used to be a PS3 and Xbox 360 gamer but I made my Gaming PC almost 4 years ago and I have been playing alone since then....do any of you would like to play on Steam or Origin with me? :)

I play at around  5 - 7:30 PM and 2 - 4 AM Mountain Time. I work as a bartener so my schedule is really crazy. :( 

I love the incredible graphics and smooth gameplay of everthing I play but I miss the coop sessions of some games or the Squad Tactics in Battlefield 3. :D

We are all dead men walking...