Ryzen 5 3600 with old GT610 graphics to start new buld until GPU's are restocked

martyn ni

Budget (including currency): not applicable yet - sterling

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: driving games, editing music files 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

It has been 15 years since i last did a PC build, its amazing now what has happened since.

So i am creating a shopping basket, R5 3600 + gigabyte B550 aorus pro v2 + m.2 SSD PCIE4 + 3200mhz 16GB 

the mobo choice and M.2SSD PCIE4 have driven my budget upwards and with the shortage of mid range GPU i dont wants to buy [ waste money ] on  a cheap GPU just to build the PC.

I do have a GT 610 lying around but i understand it had driver issues for WIN 10.

the Question is will this GT 610 allow the mobo to get my build up and running on brand new build to aloow me to do a fresh new windows 10 install etc.

thanks in advance

if windows basic display driver will work with the card and you just need it to get and output I don't see why not. Worst case senario you buy a gt 710 or some other cheapo card for 10$ (Im in US so whatever cheap cards go for around you) to get the system up and running.

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

16 minutes ago, martyn ni said:

Budget (including currency): not applicable yet - sterling

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: driving games, editing music files 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

It has been 15 years since i last did a PC build, its amazing now what has happened since.

So i am creating a shopping basket, R5 3600 + gigabyte B550 aorus pro v2 + m.2 SSD PCIE4 + 3200mhz 16GB 

the mobo choice and M.2SSD PCIE4 have driven my budget upwards and with the shortage of mid range GPU i dont wants to buy [ waste money ] on  a cheap GPU just to build the PC.

I do have a GT 610 lying around but i understand it had driver issues for WIN 10.

the Question is will this GT 610 allow the mobo to get my build up and running on brand new build to aloow me to do a fresh new windows 10 install etc.

thanks in advance

Okay, firstly you can have a gen 3 m.2, you probably don't need a gen 4 unless, idk you're transferring large files all day. I'm not experienced to answer your other question, but I could tell you another way around this problem would be to use an intel processor ranging from 10400-11500 whatever suits your needs, and relying on the iGPU till things get normal.

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂

7 minutes ago, AnirbanG007 said:

Okay, firstly you can have a gen 3 m.2, you probably don't need a gen 4 unless, idk you're transferring large files all day.

I'm guessing that since "editing music files" is listed in the original post, fast Data transfer speed is actually a priority, so using a ryzen CPU on B550 or Intel 11th gen CPU on B560 are the economic options.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

I'm guessing that since "editing music files" is listed in the original post, fast Data transfer speed is actually a priority, so using a ryzen CPU on B550 or Intel 11th gen CPU on B560 are the economic options.

Oh you're right, I totally missed that part. Thanks!!

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂

Hello to all who have replied so far, thanks

hello SignatureSigner, the cheapest GPU in the uk as per a new GT 710 is approx $40+ [ rip off ] but when i fire up the new build for the very first time, no windows 10 will be present, so i wonder will my old GT610 at least give me a display at low res to get me going.