Upgrading my old build

deveras

Budget (including currency): R$ 5000 (BRL)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:

• Gaming: Hard to say because I play multiple games from multiple genres. Should be able to play CS:GO smoothly
  • Work: I also use my computer to code. I use Docker a lot which is very heavy on RAM (even more if not on Linux).

Other details:

I've been with my current computer (AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE) for a while now (since about 2012) and it still runs well for day to day use. But it's been lagging REALLY high lately with CPU intensive games even with my GTX 1660 (bottleneck). Not to mention some scares that my motherboard (M5A88V-Evo) have been giving me some scares... by not booting sometimes.

With that said, I really think it's about time to upgrade this entire guy. Even the case, which is very old fashioned.
The limitations are:

- I want to keep my GPU and my PSU
- I've already decided on Ryzen 5 3600 for CPU ... Intel 11400F has been growing on me but... idk
- Budget limit to $875 (excluding the already existing GPU and PSU, of course)

I might change the other periferals (monitor and stuff) but, for the moment, I'm just concerned about the core components.
With that said, can you guys fill in the other components?

Here's a PC part picker template: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Kvb7Jf

The last thing is optional but, for the curious, here's my current build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BzvPW3

I might wanna restructure it and think of another use for it or even give it to my parents or something. Again, this last one is optional, but I'm accepting opinions/suggestions.

Thanks guys!
Peace

4 minutes ago, deveras said:

Budget (including currency): R$ 5000 (BRL)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:

• Gaming: Hard to say because I play multiple games from multiple genres. Should be able to play CS:GO smoothly
  • Work: I also use my computer to code. I use Docker a lot which is very heavy on RAM (even more if not on Linux).

Other details:

I've been with my current computer (AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE) for a while now (since about 2012) and it still runs well for day to day use. But it's been lagging REALLY high lately with CPU intensive games even with my GTX 1660 (bottleneck). Not to mention some scares that my motherboard (M5A88V-Evo) have been giving me some scares... by not booting sometimes.

With that said, I really think it's about time to upgrade this entire guy. Even the case, which is very old fashioned.
The limitations are:

- I want to keep my GPU and my PSU
- I've already decided on Ryzen 5 3600 for CPU ... Intel 11400F has been growing on me but... idk
- Budget limit to $875 (excluding the already existing GPU and PSU, of course)

I might change the other periferals (monitor and stuff) but, for the moment, I'm just concerned about the core components.
With that said, can you guys fill in the other components?

Here's a PC part picker template: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Kvb7Jf

The last thing is optional but, for the curious, here's my current build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BzvPW3

I might wanna restructure it and think of another use for it or even give it to my parents or something. Again, this last one is optional, but I'm accepting opinions/suggestions.

Thanks guys!
Peace

I'm guessing that you have mouse, keyboard and your monitors correct?

If so I don't think you need to worry about anything but upgrading ur pc and just getting a better monitor

Current Setup: PC