Is 87c normal for a Navi GPU?

High temps on Navi 1  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Is 87c junction and 73c edge normal? (The benchmark I got these numbers from is heaven)

• Yes
    • No
    • Hell no

Hello,

I'm kind of worried about my GPU's temps. They reach about 87c junction and 73c edge. Is this normal for an RX 5700 (non-XT)?

You should take a look at your PC's airflow and probably change your fan curve in MSI afterburner. As far as GPU temps go, anything above 70c is degrading your GPU.

Remember that you and I are human and we both make mistakes. If I say something you disagree with, you don't have to fight about it.

30 minutes ago, Canada Man said:

You should take a look at your PC's airflow and probably change your fan curve in MSI afterburner. As far as GPU temps go, anything above 70c is degrading your GPU.

afaik 70c dont cause degrading

3 minutes ago, IHFyrz2812 said:

afaik 70c dont cause degrading

It can over time (above 70c). It's generally a good thing to keep it under 70 though. I would strongly recommend that he adjust his fan curve.

Remember that you and I are human and we both make mistakes. If I say something you disagree with, you don't have to fight about it.

Who the hell voted no? It’s completely normal for navi cards. Your edge temp is fine (Canada Man has no clue what hes saying) and AMD rates the junction temp to be within spec and fine all the way up to 110C

3 hours ago, Canada Man said:

Please go read something informative before coming here and spewing misinformation 

2 hours ago, johnsoner13 said:

Please go read something informative before coming here and spewing misinformation 

Calm down lol.

2 hours ago, johnsoner13 said:

Who the hell voted no? It’s completely normal for navi cards. Your edge temp is fine (Canada Man has no clue what hes saying) and AMD rates the junction temp to be within spec and fine all the way up to 110C

I said nothing about memory junction, I was talking the GPU temps itself (not the hotspot measurement either)

3 minutes ago, Canada Man said:

I said nothing about memory junction, I was talking the GPU temps itself (not the hotspot measurement either)

His temps are fine. 

Just now, johnsoner13 said:

His temps are fine. 

To an extent, yes. Just because there's a high max temp doesn't mean you should always have it setting there. I read through your profile and it seems like you force yourself to call people out when you disagree with them rather than just answering the person with the problem and moving on. Thanks and have a nice day! I will not be replying to this thread anymore.

1 minute ago, Canada Man said:

To an extent, yes. Just because there's a high max temp doesn't mean you should always have it setting there. I read through your profile and it seems like you force yourself to call people out when you disagree with them rather than just answering the person with the problem and moving on. Thanks and have a nice day! I will not be replying to this thread anymore.

1. As i said its rated up to 110C. 87C obviously isnt sitting at the “max high temp”

2. Ironic you go through my profile and look at my comments just to say I call people out instead of answering the question... when that’s exactly what u just did lmao. I answered the question and told you that you are wrong because you are. I hope for other users’ sakes that you dont reply to any more threads lest you spread more false information because youre trying to seem smart.