Cheap Mice

ZombifiedPyro

Which would you choose? All prices are USD.

EDIT: I changed the options to the mice I am currently considering.

Athlon X4 760K | MSI A88X-G43 | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1333Mhz | MSI R7 260X 2GB | Corsair 300R | Corsair CX430 | 640GB HDD | Windows 7 64-bit

HP W2071d 20" 900p TN | Stock Dell K/B | Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 + SteelSeries Qck Portal 2 Ed. | Grado SR80i + cheap 2.0 speakers

None of them really. I would settle for a G400 over all of those mice any day.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

G400, $37 at Amazon.

Of the mice in the poll however, the Recon is the best by objective measures, followed by the Abyssus.

I have a G400 and I couldn't agree more, best mouse ever!

Changed options.

Athlon X4 760K | MSI A88X-G43 | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1333Mhz | MSI R7 260X 2GB | Corsair 300R | Corsair CX430 | 640GB HDD | Windows 7 64-bit

HP W2071d 20" 900p TN | Stock Dell K/B | Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 + SteelSeries Qck Portal 2 Ed. | Grado SR80i + cheap 2.0 speakers

If this is for you, you should've said.

- What grip do you use?

- Does your palm control the mouse?

- Do you anchor your wrist?

The Recon was the best mouse in the poll, how come it's no longer on the cards?

My grip changes a lot, I palm when I am web surfing, I use claw when I am try-hard FPSing (if that is a thing) and I use fingertip when I am gaming. I do not know how a palm controls the mouse, but I do not think so. I anchor my wrist when I use claw. The recon might be the best mouse by stats, but it looks like it is a little to ergonomically shaped for me not to try it first. Also, it is ugly IMO.

By control, I mean do you rest your palm on the mouse when you move it.

Between that reply and your other thread, the Abyssus sounds like it might suit you, with the CM Spawn (smaller) and Zowie EC2 Evo (bigger) coming second/third.

Normally not. I kinda want to buy a lua and an abyss us and just return the mouse that is worse.

Anybody know anything about the quality of the Lua's cord?

I like and use the SteelSeries Kinzu, so I'm going to say SteelSeries Kinzu :P 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

I don't use the SteelSeries Kinzu specifically but I've been using my SteelSeries Ikari Laser for years now and it's still going like a mothertrucker. So I'll go with the SteelSeries Kinzu as well

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

G400 is a solid choice, even though it is not on the list.  I know some people don't like how "mainstream" Logitech is, but there is a reason that they sell so much stuff and consistently get good reviews...

I voted for the Lua because I think Roccat chose to do as good a job with a few things, rather than try to put tons of features on a budget mouse and sacrifice quality.

"Townes van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." - Steve Earle

had a look at Linus' unboxing of the Lua? 

I like and use the SteelSeries Kinzu, so I'm going to say SteelSeries Kinzu :P

I don't use the SteelSeries Kinzu specifically but I've been using my SteelSeries Ikari Laser for years now and it's still going like a mothertrucker. So I'll go with the SteelSeries Kinzu as well

I think I am going with the kinzu, it looks slightly better than the other options.

G400 is a solid choice, even though it is not on the list.  I know some people don't like how "mainstream" Logitech is, but there is a reason that they sell so much stuff and consistently get good reviews...

I voted for the Lua because I think Roccat chose to do as good a job with a few things, rather than try to put tons of features on a budget mouse and sacrifice quality.

I agree Logitech is beast, but I do not want the G400, I am still looking into the G100s, but it is a little bit more.

I agree roccat did a good job with their sacrifices, but I think steel series did a little better.

had a look at Linus' unboxing of the Lua? 

Yes I have.

Never seen that before, might look into it.

I'm not a fan of gaming mice. What mouse I use dosen't matter to me, keyboard on the other hand...

Keyboard is slightly more important to me, but it is more costly and I break a lot of mice.

I'm not a fan of gaming mice. What mouse I use dosen't matter to me, keyboard on the other hand...

Oh, you're supposed to use the keyboard with the OTHER hand...

And I've been using the keyboard and mouse with the same hand all along!

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.