Stuttering games

Ali Bongo

Hey, I've just got a new pc and whilst playing games I'm experience slight stutters. 

For example, in fortnite it will stutter when you load in and then it stutters every now and then when in game, mostly when looking left and right. 

The same is happening in warzone. 

My specs are

5800x cpu

6700 xt gpu

16gb 3200mhz Corsair ram. 

I've set it to 3200mhz in the bios as it wasn't set to it when I got the pc. 

My monitor is a 27in msi 1440p 144hz, 1ms 

I've played around with the in game graphic settings by lowering the quality etc. Even lowered to 1080p on fortnite but the stutter still occurs. 

I've tried with vsync on and off but still experience stutter. 

I've also updated to the latest driver in the radeon software. 

Any other things worth a try or shall I return it and get an nvidia card?

Are you running Fortnite in DX11 or DX12?  Does it happen on any other games?

What's your PSU? That could be the cause, but it also could be anything else.

Maybe your Windows could be cluttered or some kind of program is causing something to spike like your ram or cpu.

I even had similar stutter on my past build, low or high settings, the stutter amount would be the same. Never fixed the issue, but in my case it was the PSU.

14 minutes ago, glenalz81 said:

Are you running Fortnite in DX11 or DX12?  Does it happen on any other games?

Running on DX11 I believe but it is happening on Warzone as well. 

Going to try some other games today. 

13 minutes ago, FRD said:

What's your PSU? That could be the cause, but it also could be anything else.

Maybe your Windows could be cluttered or some kind of program is causing something to spike like your ram or cpu.

I even had similar stutter on my past build, low or high settings, the stutter amount would be the same. Never fixed the issue, but in my case it was the PSU.

It's got a Corsair 750W TX750M

4 minutes ago, Ali Bongo said:

It's got a Corsair 750W TX750M

That's a good PSU, so that should not be the problem. Are you using Ryzen balanced power in the Windows power options?

I'm not sure if it's your gpu though. When I had stutters before I ever replaced my gpu with another one and the stutter wasn't gone.

When you check your task manager while gaming, is anything at 100% load (except the gpu)?

Did you set DOCP or ram manually?

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

using performance mode in fortnite is better than for example x11 or x12 you will get less stutters

Also almost every fortnite player has experienced stutters lately, thats because of the npcs and animals fortnite has added into the game. When you are in a lobby there are 99 other players, 46 npcs, A lot of animals. And i dont think Fortnite has optimized that because its only since last update they have added animals.

Fortnite is poorly optimized, specially since the last season update, I've read in other forums that a lot of people is having trouble running Fortnite smoothly, even I have stuttering problems, been trying to solve them for 4 years now and still trying. Maybe this video could help you solving your stuttering and maybe it could give you a little extra performance. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhoX1m2-zA&t=775s

Also I recommend you to check his other videos about Windows optimizations, there's a series of A-Z about Windows optimizations that he made a 2 years ago (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYNlVUyaW0U&list=PLykpkrQ1xVu1jTFCju1cmY9UAHw99aGWW). Also there's also a more recent one but it doesn't have as many tweaks as the old videos and in the new videos he does a clean install (idk if you would be willing to do it)