Does Vega 8 Graphics work with a dedicated GPU

I have a computer with Ryzen 3200G CPU and no dedicated GPU. I want to upgrade it with a GPU. I know it works together but does it make a difference. will performance be better than just the dedicated GPU or just the same. I don't want to waste money on a GPU, if it will make minimal difference. so I would like to know how much difference it is if you combine dedicated and integrated graphics. thank you for answers in advance.

u can't combine igpu with dedicated gpu and how much performance u gain is really depends on what dedicated gpu u have 

9 minutes ago, MrCloudy said:

I have a computer with Ryzen 3200G CPU and no dedicated GPU. I want to upgrade it with a GPU. I know it works together but does it make a difference. will performance be better than just the dedicated GPU or just the same. I don't want to waste money on a GPU, if it will make minimal difference. so I would like to know how much difference it is if you combine dedicated and integrated graphics. thank you for answers in advance.

Yes

you can combine them in a way that one gpu will be dedicated for physics, while the other is for graphics responsible.

But in any case, you wont get any benefits, in fact you might get a slight decrease in your performance.

The only positive side is, that your gpu might get less loaded while gaming, which would extend its lifespan

2 minutes ago, Haraikomono said:

Yes

you can combine them in a way that one gpu will be dedicated for physics, while the other is for graphics responsible.

But in any case, you wont get any benefits, in fact you might get a slight decrease in your performance.

The only positive side is, that your gpu might get less loaded while gaming, which would extend its lifespan

ig that works but most ppl probally looking for sli/crossfire either way they are ded

11 minutes ago, Haraikomono said:

you can combine them in a way that one gpu will be dedicated for physics,

Radeon GPUs doesnt have a physx esque features that let you split physics load.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

2 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Radeon GPUs doesnt have a physx esque architecture.

you are right, sry remembered the wrong setup there