can you play 1440p

allunyb

hey i was looking for a ultra wide monitor what has a resolution 1440p buti found out that 3840 x 1200 is not 1440p can i still play 1440p games smoothly on it ?

3840x1200 is 32:10 aspect ratio (so it's the same as having 2 monitors of 1920x1200 resolution). It is more demanding than a 16:9 QHD (2560x1440) and slightly less demanding than a Ultrawide QHD (3440x1440) which is probably the one you have in mind.

That said, I have no idea what your HW is so I can't commend on the performance you will get.

Also depends on what kind of refresh rate you aim to get.

16 minutes ago, WereCat said:

3840x1200 is 32:10 aspect ratio (so it's the same as having 2 monitors of 1920x1200 resolution). It is more demanding than a 16:9 QHD (2560x1440) and slightly less demanding than a Ultrawide QHD (3440x1440) which is probably the one you have in mind.

That said, I have no idea what your HW is so I can't commend on the performance you will get.

Also depends on what kind of refresh rate you aim to get.

its a gaming monitor ASUS ROG STRIX XG43VQ 43 120HZ

6 minutes ago, allunyb said:

its a gaming monitor ASUS ROG STRIX XG43VQ 43 120HZ

I don't know what your PC specs are. I have no clue how well it will play games at that resolution.

54 minutes ago, WereCat said:

I don't know what your PC specs are. I have no clue how well it will play games at that resolution.

a i5 11400f rtx 3060 

3 minutes ago, allunyb said:

a i5 11400f rtx 3060 

It should play most games at around 60FPS at respectable detail quality but don't expect to max out every game. Definitely don't expect a good ray tracing performance at this resolution with that card.

3 hours ago, allunyb said:

hey i was looking for a ultra wide monitor what has a resolution 1440p buti found out that 3840 x 1200 is not 1440p can i still play 1440p games smoothly on it ?

As a person that have a samsung 49" ultrawide 3840x1080 I can already tell you that unless you play simulators ultrawide gaming is not optimal to say the least right now. The resolution this screen has is not very common so you might run into problems, I mainly run into problems in fps games, sim games generally has no trouble running. I run mine with a rtx 3070 and that's more than enough for most games and saw you had a 3060 couldn't imagine that it wouldn't be powerful enough to run that monitor.

29 minutes ago, Anden said:

As a person that have a samsung 49" ultrawide 3840x1080 I can already tell you that unless you play simulators ultrawide gaming is not optimal to say the least right now. The resolution this screen has is not very common so you might run into problems, I mainly run into problems in fps games, sim games generally has no trouble running. I run mine with a rtx 3070 and that's more than enough for most games and saw you had a 3060 couldn't imagine that it wouldn't be powerful enough to run that monitor.

i dont want a singel 23 or 30 inc display it will look stupid on my setup and i meant 3060ti