My clock speeds have dropped to 300 mhz while playing a game help!!

SteadfastGod

My graphics card is a EVGA 2080 super FTW3 clock speeds dropped today randomly from the stock clock speeds to low 300MHZ & sitting at 706 MV on top of that there is a bad coil whine noise the temps are hitting 75 to 80c in game & 100% utilization in game on top of that I’m getting artifacting on my OBS preview window while trying to stream from my Elgato 4K60 & no it is not the capture card because I tried two other capture cards today and the same thing happened the weird thing is the artifacting I’m having is affecting my OBS on my second monitor but no artifacting on my main monitor please help this is my first PC build & I’m wondering if the graphics card is going bad

9CA3BFA2-0987-4FD6-9D80-F0F5EAF728A9.jpeg

9BF10996-5BEE-4C4D-9A65-D6A7C5C7C201.jpeg

The first thing I'd do would probably be DDU the old drivers, and install the freshest ones from nvidia website.

IF that doesn't help, and you still have artifacting + it won't go above 300mhz you've probably got a card that's dying.

I would try dedust gpu, and repaste it and also u can change thermal pads. This could help with temps and clocks. Because 80°C is way too high. This could cause this kind of clock drop. And try to maunaly oc card. Push clocks higher 

Step 1 - Clean GPU take the dust out

Step 2 - If Temps are still a problem, Repaste the GPU, now if your gpu is still under warraty you can send it back if you cant open it.

Step 3 - DDU the drivers in safe mode, get lastest drivers

Step 4 - Use 2 cabbles from the PSU to the GPU there can be an issue here.