CPU overheating after cooler upgrade

Dobby_is_free

So I have a R7 3700X and yesterday I upgraded from my stock wraith prism cooler to a noctua NH-U12S chromax black I noticed that while idle my cpu is in the 50-60°C range so I tried a CPU Z stress test and it immediately spiked to the max temp of 95°C. What should I do? The fan on the cooler is spinning,. I removed the plastic from the bottom of the cooler, and I used thermal paste

enugh mounting pressure ? I had this issue at a friend one time with that cooler

1 hour ago, Haraikomono said:

enugh mounting pressure ? I had this issue at a friend one time with that cooler

How can I check the mountain pressure? Do I just re mount it?

22 hours ago, Haraikomono said:

I went to reseat it tonight and noticed that the back plate was not completely fulsh with the motherboard but popped out at an angle. I unscrewed everything and fixed that back plate and reset the cooler. Max temps now under 100% synthetic load is 79-80° C and I'm idling at 35-45° C. Thank you for the help 

P.S is 79-80° C ok?

8 hours ago, Dobby_is_free said:

I went to reseat it tonight and noticed that the back plate was not completely fulsh with the motherboard but popped out at an angle. I unscrewed everything and fixed that back plate and reset the cooler. Max temps now under 100% synthetic load is 79-80° C and I'm idling at 35-45° C. Thank you for the help 

P.S is 79-80° C ok?

during gamin kinda normalnwhen you use a stock cooler, but with your specific one, id check if the fans speed is set to performance in the bios

4 hours ago, Haraikomono said:

during gamin kinda normalnwhen you use a stock cooler, but with your specific one, id check if the fans speed is set to performance in the bios

Well that wasn't regular gaming, that was using a synthetic stress test